Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    subur15203 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2013, 04:11 PM
    How much does a pilot for a cruise ship make
    I would like to know how much a pilot makes each time they need to get on a cruise ship and bring that ship into port.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 24, 2013, 05:03 PM
    I don't think it is necessarily how much they make, but education and training in order to get to that point.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 24, 2013, 05:27 PM
    The title of the person who pilots a cruise ship is captain, not pilot. You need a captain's license. You need a lot of experience after you get your license, with education and training. The average salary for a cruise-liner captain was $153,379 in 2011.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 24, 2013, 06:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    The title of the person who pilots a cruise ship is captain, not pilot. You need a captain's license. You need a lot of experience after you get your license, with education and training. The average salary for a cruise-liner captain was $153,379 in 2011.
    Actually that's not the question. There are people who work for a port and will go out and meet a ship (cruise ship or otherwise) to pilot the ship to its berth in port. Not all ports require pilots but many do.

The salary can range from low to mid 6 figures.
    Maritime pilot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cruise Ship Oriana Passenger List 1964 [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site and I am not sure if this question can be answered or even if I am posting it in the correct category, but here goes... My parents and I emigrated from Sydney, Australia in June 1964 on the (original) cruise ship Oriana bound for the United States. My mother...

Where can I find the cruise ship ss oronsay 1968 passenger list? [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to find the passenger list for the 1968 cruise liner ss.oronsay departed from england in 1968 and destined for auckland, new zealand in 1968 that same year

Older movie cruise ship sinks with all aboard found alive after many years [ 2 Answers ]

This is an older movie that depicts all aboard go down with the ship and are found by some scientists. The people have been living in this sunken ship for several generations. When told that they can be rescued most of the older people decide to stay behind. This was a kind of sci-fi flick.

Movie with androids figthing and space ship pilot becomes retarded [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Could anyone help me with this movies? I remember watching them in mid 80's, but I can only remember some scenes. So, could use a little help please: Movie #1. It's some Sci Fi film like star wars or something with spaceships and all that stuff. The plot is about some spaceship pilot that...

Cruise Ship Job [ 1 Answers ]

In trying to obtain a Cruise Ship job I was asked to obtain the seamans or seafarers Discharge Book. Could you define what this book is and how do I go about trying to obtain one so that I can get this job.

View more questions Search