Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worriednymom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 10:59 PM
    visitation in nys
    My sons biological is taking me to court for visitation in NYS. My son is only a month old. I have allowed him to take my son for visitation overnight before, but he violated a verbal agreement we had. He agreed that his new girlfriend and her children would not be around my baby during visits, and he violated that agreement. I found out through Facebook in which the new girlfriend was posting pictures on her Facebook of her and her other children holding my son and her calling my son her stepson! The reasons I did not want my son around them is because my son was is too young to be around those children, who all go to school... and now my son is sick as a result. I did not want this woman around my child because I do not know her, the things I know about her I do not like. From what I know she is a big pot smoker, and I have suspicions she is a little nuts. Also, a little background, this man left me for this woman at 7 months pregnant, shut off my gas and electric at nine months pregnant, and is an ex con. He lied to me about his time in prision as well. I want to go for supervised visitation, but I am not sure if it will be enough in the courts eyes to get it. He also has text messages from me denying him seeing his son over this incident and from the electricity incident. I told him that he could come see his son over here, but not there. He is going to try to make me look unstable and unfit in court- even though he is the one who is the con! His girlfriend also recently filed a complaint at the police department over me writing on her Facebook wall about what a homewrecker she was, and about how she would not be apart of my sons life any longer... no charges were filed... How is this all going to look to the judge to court? I am not a crazy person I swear! This man has put me through hell, and I have tried to cooperate with him on all levels about all of this, but he will not even follow the simplist of requests when it comes to visitation, so how can I even trust this man to take good care of my son unsupervised? What do you guys think...
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Feb 23, 2013, 11:03 PM
    I want to go for supervised visitation, but I am not sure if it will be enough in the courts eyes to get it
    Generally speaking a supervised visitation is granted only when it is proved that the other parent is a real danger to the child.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2013, 11:49 PM
    A mother with other children is not a danger to your son.

This court fight is a waste of time, he will be allowed to have his girlfriend around HIS child if he wants to. In fact he is likely to get much more visitation time than your agreement

You will not be able to control who he takes the child around, unless they are a real danger to the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Considered nys resident but all income was in ma last year, do I file nys return? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a college student in MA but considered a NYS resident. Last year all my income was in MA. Do I have to file a NYS return even if I have no NYS income?

Printable nys unemployment w-2 nys [ 1 Answers ]

How do I print my unemployment 2009 nys w-2

I am a Registered CPA in NYS do I have to register as tax preparer in NYS [ 1 Answers ]

Registered CPA in New York Does new law to register as tax preparer in New York apply

Grandmother Visitation Rights Nys [ 8 Answers ]

My daughter is 16 and has a son of 7mo. She has moved out with him and her boyfriend, (not the baby's daddy) which is 18 and will be going to prision for 8 yrs. She has let me have my grandson 1 time in 5wks. She takes him down to the other grandparents often. Well the reason being is I went to...

View more questions Search