Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaryH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 04:29 PM
    French Canadian Lumberjacks of Maine mercury exposure?
    Hi, I am researching the Jumping Frenchmen of Maine who were the subject of study in the late 1800s for their exaggerated startle reactions. I am looking for information on possible sources of mercury exposure in their trade, but don't know enough about lumberjacking at the time to know how to begin. I have seen research about unidentified point sources of mercury in Maine, which is one possible route, but I was hoping someone out there could tell me if mercury might have been used in treating the lumber at that stage (or not until later), or if the lumberjacks might have used mercury to tan leather or treat fur pelts from trapping. Anyone have any ideas?

Check out some similar questions!

French Canadian [ 0 Answers ]

Searching for the title of a fairly recent fictional film about a middle aged French Canadian performance artist. She begins an affair with a younger man. Thanks.

French canadian music from the 80s [ 3 Answers ]

A french Canadian song from the early 80s Male singer. Some of the lyrics are as follows: "should I leave or should a stay" ... Am I cheated or awakened, Lost or forsaken, Does it matter anyway.

French canadian music of the 80s? [ 1 Answers ]

She's a french artist from the 80's I think" minuoe" or something like that

French citizenship through french/canadian husband [ 3 Answers ]

Hey there - my husband was born in France. He's been a citizen of canada, resident of quebec, since his French family immigrated 36 years ago. We got married in Los Angeles, certificate issued at the Beverly Hills court-house, in 2003. I was originally informed that: 1) I had to wait 3 years...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.