Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sfarkas1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 01:53 PM
    Weathermaker 8000 code 33
    Had the code 33. It started right after I replaced the hot surface ignitor. While I was doing that I replaced the filter. The HSI replacement was of primary concern as obviously no heat. Beign so releieved about actually getting heat, I really wasn't paying too much attention to actual cycles of the furnace (gas over hot ignitor, fire,blower,evetually flame-off, blower continues to run and cools the furnace, then shuts down).

About a week after replcaing the HSI, thought I heard an odd cycle in the furnace. Tried to replciate the problem but couldn't. Anyway, one very early morning, having a coffee int eh very quiet house, I was able to catch the problem. Here it is:

Thermostat calls for heat
    Gas starts and HSI starts, flame commences to heat furnace, then 30 seconds later, fan starts to distribute through the house. After a while, the thermostat seemingly tells furnace, OK, I've had enough and signals furnace to stop gas flow.

Here is the problem: occasionally, the fan shuts down almost immediately after gas flame turns off. This reults, about 45 seconds later, the re-issue of gas and HSI and the cycle starts all over again. This is the only time I 'caught' this code 33. In this 2nd cycle, the furnace ran a normal cycle with the flame shutting off and the fan continuing to blow for at least 90 secodns if not 2 minutes to 'cool' the furnace. At the end of the day, after running these 2 cycles, the home is at least 3 to 4 degree's C warmer than the thermostat setting.

I have pushed the re-set on the flame rollover switch and tried it a few times but cannot replicate the problem manually. This problem continues to be an occasional occurrence.

Is it possible that the thermostat may be a contributing element to the problem.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 23, 2013, 02:42 PM
    The thermostat could cause a problem but the fan control that is built on the circuit board or the sensor for fan control can do the same thing. Intermittent problems are always the most difficult to figure out especially when I am not there to do any testing etc.

You might also see this link and read what there solution was.

http://www.justanswer.com/hvac/4vidx...ting-code.html

Another possible solution.

http://www.diychatroom.com/f17/carri...129150/index2/
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 23, 2013, 02:50 PM
    Dead link

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier weathermaker 8000 code 33 [ 4 Answers ]

My Carrier Weathermaker 8000 a few days ago the air began to blow non stop and the burners are not igniting. I am getting Code 33. I did all the resets, unplug control board, switch to air condition nothing. The air is still blowing non stop. To stop it I need to shut it off by main switch on...

Error code 14 - Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

I've cleaned the flame sensor after days of ups and downs into my attic. I'm wondering if there is a reset switch that I need to trip. My steps were 1) unplug the power source, 2) remove covers, 3) turn off gas control switch 4) clean flame sensor with steel wool and 5) reverse through the...

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 - Error Code 14 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000, model # 58WAV111-16. At the end of the winter last year, it quit igniting at all (or so I thought), and I simply let it go until the past couple weeks. I replaced the ignitor, thinking it was the issue, with the following results. The unit will ignite...

Code 31 on weathermaker 8000 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a weathermaker 8000 58wav. It will startup, induction fan on, flames on, blower on for about 80 seconds. It then shuts down the flame and the induction motor. The blower will run for a short time and off. Blinks 31. Pressure switch was Ok, Flame sensor seems Ok. I checked the chimney vent...

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 Trouble Code [ 2 Answers ]

I have a carrier Weathermaker 8000. Started up furnace and forgot to remove baffle. Now have trouble code 33 and have to manually reset. How do I accomplish this?

View more questions Search