Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Frank Plyler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 07:35 AM
    Washing machine drain
    After 15 years my washing machine drain suddenly started running over (backing up). I have used drain cleaning solutions to no avail. The vent is about 10 feet away and is shared with the kitchen sink with no problems with draining. What could cause this sudden problem?
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Mar 19, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Plyler
    After 15 years my washing machine drain suddenly started running over (backing up). I have used drain cleaning solutions to no avail. The vent is about 10 feet away and is shared with the kitchen sink with no problems with draining. What could cause this sudden problem?
    If the horizontal run is 10' to the vent stack from the washer, most likely the line needs snaking. The vent stack distance is far, so a cleanout is somewhere near the end of that run. Nm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing machine won't drain! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I recently noticed that my washing machine does not want to empty all of the water out. I did noticed a burning rubber smell when I tried running the cycle over again. What can I do to have all the water drain out or what is wrong with my washing machine? Please help.:(

Washing Machine Drain [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a top-loading washer that drains into a utility sink, which I understand to be permitted by code. I was wondering if there is a permissible way to drain the washer under the utility sink (perhaps by having the washer discharge hose connect to the sink drain or by having a washer...

Installing Basement Shower Drain with Washing Machine Drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi folks: I would like to install a shower that drains into the same drain as my washing machine. Right now the washing machine drain, 1-1/2" ABS, comes in horizontally about 12" above the concrete floor into a 1-1/2" Tee on a vertical pipe. From this Tee, the vent goes straight up to the...

Basement drain hole.can I drain washing machine with this? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all.. im new here.ive owned my home for about 5 years and I'm still learing... my current dilemna is that I want move my wsher and dryer to the basement.I think I know how to handle the hot and cold water plumbing but I don't know what to do about the drain... now my basement has a drain hole in...

Replace toilet drain with washing machine drain [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how I would go about taking a toilet drain and turning it into a drain for a washing machine.

View more questions Search