Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CyndiLou128 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 09:34 AM
    Problems w/probation officer
    Alabama/Dekalb Co./Sons age 14/... Can I do anything about a juvenile probation officer that has on the 2 occasions we have met with her has given me false information(my son will be allowed to make 1 phone call a day) or tells me something and does another concerning visitation. I was told that I could visit my son this weekend (she said she would put me on the contact list) by his probation officer and made the call to YDC to schedule (which she did not disclose I had to do) in order to visit him, and told YDC no visitors. It is the weekend and no one is available to contact to resolve this. Bottom line is I don't trust her... at this point and I have only met with her twice. We meet again on Monday for his plea and sentencing. There are only 2 juv. Prob. Officers in this county. Is there anything I can do to keep this from being a reoccurring problem? Why would a probation officer preaching to do the right thing, be a good person, but shows consistently that she will lie to the client and parent on the flip of a dime? Yes my son has been in quite a bit of trouble this past year w burglary charges and a possession charge that has turned into 3 counts, but I LOVE HIM very much and all I want to do is have the opportunities to see him and be able to talk to him as stated by the probation officer.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2013, 09:39 AM
    When you meet with this person on Monday tell her exactly what you told us. Go over the discrepancies and ask this person how you two can come to a better understanding. Also be honest that you really want to help your son through this. This probation officer probably gets a lot of parents that don't care as much and don't follow through like you are going to. If the problem persists then take it to the next level.
    CyndiLou128 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2011 View Post
    When you meet with this person on Monday tell her exactly what you told us. Go over the discrepancies and ask this person how you two can come to a better understanding. Also be honest that you really want to help your son through this. This probation officer probably gets a lot of parents that don't care as much and don't follow through like you are going to. If the problem persists then take it to the next level.
    Thank you Oliver2011... despite the fact that it has only been a week since he has been away from home, he is in isolation for 20 or the 24 hours of the day and nobody there cares about him... I want to be there for him. I understand he brought this situation on himself, but he shouldn't have family that love and care about him kept away from him. Thank you again for your advice and your time.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2013, 10:35 AM
    Anytime. I used to teach behavior modification to parents. I am glad you are there for him. Kids do eventually grow up even the ones that make mistakes. Showing him unconditional love right now is very important. He is also learning that each action earns him a consequence. Good actions = good consequences and bad actions = bad consequences.

I wish your son and you the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is on felony probation and probation officer violated [ 3 Answers ]

He violated him because he couldn't track him we recently moved but during the arrest it was 3 sheriffs that searched him in my front yard and watch them as they searched him and didn't find any drugs on him but once they got to the jail and searched him again they all of a sudden found cocaine on...

Difference between Parole officer & Probation officer [ 7 Answers ]

What is the difference between Parole officer & Probation officer? If anybody know about this, please let me know.

Can I be a police officer or probation officer with criminal background? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice. I was looking into different jobs and wanted to know if I could be a police officer or a probation officer with a theft charge and a disorderly conduct charge? Both charges where between the age of 15-17. Thank you for any help !

Probation: problems with officer [ 6 Answers ]

OK Here is what is happening: I have been accused of leaving state supposedly another probation officer seen me. I was at home, and doing job interviews and filling out applications. My probation officer said she was going to talk to her resource and back with me. She wanted me to come in and...

Juvenile/Probation Officer Problems [ 6 Answers ]

My kid has some issues for the past few years that have escaletated to legal trouble partially because we haven't found the right meds back then. Thank the lord we figured it out and he is a changed kid now. The second time he got into trouble with the law I asked for DHS to get involved to help...

View more questions Search