Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tomzwife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 06:19 AM
    Provide salt water or not?
    I just bought 3 purple pincher hermit crabs, two from a store in the mall and one from petsmart. Folks in the mall said their crabs don't require salt water, in fact, it will kill them. Folks at petsmart said yes these guys do require salt water. I'm confused... can anyone help me?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 23, 2013, 09:43 AM
    Definite answer:

Hermit Crab Key To Survival Freshwater And Saltwater

And this provides some good information on the care of Hermit Crabs:

HERMIT-CRABS.COM
    Tomzwife Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Hermit crabs
    Is there a species of land hermit crabs that do not require salt water?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dead Sea Salt for use in my salt water pool? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am converting my swimming pool (25000 gallons of water) into a salt water pool. I just bought the Jandy generator and I need to get 80 lbs of salt ( I think) . It clearly states to get 100 percent NAC1. Can I use Dead Sea Salt?

Salt from water softener contaminated hot water pipes [ 1 Answers ]

Since I could not lift bags of salt to fill the container of my water softener, I just unplugged the softener instead of turning off the main valve; therefore, apparently the water continued to flow through the remaining salt until it was gone. In the last year, I have been through two brand new...

Salt/Sand particles in water, low water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

This evening we noticed that the main kitchen sink lost all pressure and sand/salt was appearing in the water from all sinks/showers. How is this happening and how do you fix it?

Rainsoft Water Softener - Salt tank not filling with water? [ 1 Answers ]

Put a bag of salt in my softener today and it appeared to be way over the brine level. Checked on it a few hours later and still had dry pellets on top. Manually regenerated the system - no fill. Letting it go through its cycle now, but wondering if there's something I'm overlooking. There's...

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone within or adjacent to the rain forest [ 2 Answers ]

Describe a fresh water or salt water life zone in the rain forest

View more questions Search