Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CollinCountyTX Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 11:15 AM
    Collin County Courthouse (Texas)-Attorney Pro Se & Responding to an Emergency Hearing
    I can no longer afford legal representation and need to represent myself as attorney pro se. How do I properly notify the courts?

My ex has hired a lawyer for representation. I believe papers will be filed soon requesting... 1) an emergency hearing and / or 2) a motion for enforcement and / or 3) a motion of contempt.

For Texas, Collin County what format, forms, documents, etc. would I need to file to respond to:

-Motion to request an emergency hearing
    -Motion for enforcement
    -Motion for contempt
    -To notify the courts properly that I am representing myself as attorney pro se

At the advise of my then legal counsel I settled with my ex in March 2011 to a parent facilitator and other items. I want to petition the court to remove our parent facilitator as he is ineffective and biased. I also want to petition the court on other matters. Basically I want to be given the divorce I filed for and requested in 2004 that I don't feel I've ever gotten as my ex keeps me tied up in on-going legitation.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 22, 2013, 05:33 PM
    "Attorney pro se" is an oxymoron (unless you are an attorney representing yourself). If you are a non-attorney representing yourself, you are appearing pro se, and not through an attorney.

If your attorney has appeared in the case, he cannot simply refuse to go to court and otherwise represent you. He first has to get the court's permission to withdraw, in the form of a written order. Until he has done that, he will remain responsible to see that your interests are properly protected. That order should provide that you will from then on be represented by another specific attorney or that you will be representing yourself pro se.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Onslow county courthouse marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get married at the courthouse in onslow,nc

Bonding out on deferred probation violation collin county [ 2 Answers ]

Bonding out on deferred probation violation collin county

Getting married at the courthouse in Texas? [ 1 Answers ]

OK I getting my marriage license in Michigan but I want to move to Texas with my boyfriend how do I go about doing everything considering that I'm 17 and he's 19

Courthouse marriage/broward county [ 2 Answers ]

I have a marriage license,what do I need to do to get married in the courthouse

Request emergency hearing with judge without any an attorney [ 1 Answers ]

Mother medical bills are not being paid by my sister, she is on my moter's bank account.

View more questions Search