Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wgstrigen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 08:02 AM
    random calls made from land line
    I'm getting calls on my land line from people that say that I've called them when I haven't.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 22, 2013, 08:06 AM
    Someone is using your number in their caller ID
    Someone has tap into your phone
    Or there is a switching issue at the mail phone terminal and phone is showing up as yours
    wgstrigen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2013, 09:34 AM
    Random calls
    Is my only option changing my number and/or carrier?
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2013, 10:24 AM
    Get your number unlisted is one option.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2013, 07:56 AM
    They are likely lying Pieces of poop(cleaned up).
    I get many calls saying I spoke with them last month and were following up to sell me crap.
    I am registered with Donotcall.gov, But Bullters are immune from the law.
    Anyone else in the household using the phone?
    You could get a call manager, Like a caller ID on Steroids, It log all incomming and outgoing calls. The outgoing calls will show what time and the number dialed.
    It may show the time that a neighbor may hook on to your line and making calls? If as Father Chuck mentions.
    A recorder on the line would provide a voice making the calls.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 4, 2013, 08:03 AM
    Telemarketers are desperate. Land lines are going the way of the dinosaur. So marketers say anything. I moved to a rural area with no cell coverage, and just got a land line, and all I get are calls from people I don't know, mostly collectors of VERY old debts from when someone else had my phone number. They don't believe that I am not or don't know the person they are trying to reach. Hang up on them!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

All my phones are two line. One is a land line, other goes to computer. [ 1 Answers ]

Telephone jack gold contacts and wire to the phone get gooey and cross connect on my two line system. Four wire wires are used, seems the clear plastic ones are the worst. Why do they get goo. Looks like oil, but greenish blue at the contacts?

Snail Warriors? A random memory has made me desperate to find [ 1 Answers ]

When I was younger I remember getting some figurines quite similar to battle beasts, with similar armour, but also had a rubber popper with each one and a tiny little dude that could attach to the armour, something in my mind makes me think 'snail warriors'. Does anyone know what I'm on about? I...

Getting internet without a land line [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Indiana and I do not have a home phone (just a cell phone) How can I get internet without using a land line? Is there an internet provider other then Comcast that can hook me up?:confused:

Phone Line No Dial Tone, But Works with incoming calls [ 4 Answers ]

I hope someone here can help me with this. I have only one phone line at home,Verizon landline, with a regular phone connected to a wall, and a panasonic cordless 5.8ghz phone with extra handset. Everything works fine 95% percent of the time but 3 times in the last month when I wake up in the...

Private calls on land phone [ 6 Answers ]

I keep getting random calls from a private phone number. They do not say anything on the other end, they simply wait for me to hang up and they always call late at night. I try to call back and find out the number by using *69 but they intentionally mark their call as private. How can I find out...

View more questions Search