Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gatpbrt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 05:45 AM
    Neighbour complaining noicy dog
    We have 2 boxers which bark when someone or another dog go down the right of way along side our garden. We try to call them in but our neighbours live in a caravan park below us and say the barks echo which I agree they do but we don't let them bark first thing or last thing at night. Our daughter is staying with us for about 4 weeks while she waits for her new house to become available. She has a boxer and a jack russell the jack russell has the loudest yappiest bark where do I stand legally we try to let them outside individually but it is a nightmare.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 19, 2007, 05:53 AM
    There is a law called obnoxious noise.. You might have to put her dogs in a kennel somewhere so the neighbors can get their rest and peace they deserve.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Best thing is to keep the dogs inside as much as you can. You are not going to quickly retrain older dogs not to bark at passers by. One thing that might help would be a high, solid fence. Dogs are much less likely to bark at what they can't see.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2007, 08:51 AM
    I agree with labman, keep them inside as much as possible and do not let them outside of your yard. 4 weeks isn't that long a period. If someone complains, just apologize and explain it is a temporary situation. If the police are called in, they usually give you a warning first. So, again, explain the situation and tell them you are doing everything possible to minimize the noise. I doubt very much they will respond to a second complaint knowing it is temporary. They hate dealing with nuisance calls. The worst case scenario, legally, is that you are subjected to a fine sometime during that 4 week period. Since I don't know what the laws are in your area, I don't know what the pricetag on that would be.

If however, your neighbors are really stressed out about the noise from your own dogs, before you find yourself in court for numerous noise complaints, I would do as labman suggests and put up a tall/full privacy fence. It should reduce the barking and is a good noise barrier.
    Jessyfay Posts: 164, Reputation: 4

Mar 19, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Your neighbors live in a caravan? And their complaining about dog barking? LOL
    I say, as long as it is during daylight hours they cannot complain. People who are working on construction of their homes are allowed to make noise during daylight hours, why not dog barking as well. But your best bet is to call your local spca and ask them what are your rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Morgan dog - stuffed toy dog [ 19 Answers ]

I am looking for an older stuffed dog, a child's toy, that had a rubber squeaker in the nose,  We used to call it a "Morgan" dog,  it had big plactic eyes that had loose black centers,  any info on this toy would be nice.

Hope to help dog cope with loss of second dog? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I live in St. Louis MO and have had 2 dogs, Brandie and Alix, for 11 years. I brought them home about 1 week apart from each other, so they have been together for 11 years. They were very close. Alix was very close to Brandie. She would only go outside if Brandie went out. Would only...

Like a girl who is my neighbour [ 7 Answers ]

Sir, I like a girl who is my neighbour.I like her very much and I told her indirectly also.I know she understands but talk only when she want something from me and her requirement is related to help her in job only.she got job near to my building .Pls solve my two problems 1)I want to talk to her...

Neighbour problems [ 1 Answers ]

Hey... we live in a duplex and bought it 6 yrs ago after renting it for 2 years... The other half is owned by a family of 4. the parents are well in their 70's and kids are in their 30's... until this summer we were living together pretty good... but... The old man had come over to wish my...

My dog is 2 years old and he will not eat his dried dog food! [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have two dogs pal and buddy now buddy is 2 and pal is 8 I have had these dogs for there hole life and about a month ago we had to change there food now pal was fine with this she eats her food all at once so did buddy but once we put them back to there regular diet pal was fine and so...

View more questions Search