Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pacs Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2013, 08:23 PM
    Sons father
    Is there anything I can do to have my sons father legally out of his life? He won't sign over his rights just to bug me. He didn't want my child to begin with and still doesn't want him. He doesn't pay child support. My son is almost 7 months...
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 08:26 PM
    Have you gone to court for child support?

Feb 21, 2013, 08:33 PM
    That's in the works...

Feb 21, 2013, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacs View Post
    That's in the works...
    I know he has rights but he doesn't want him he told me to my face he wants nothing to do with him... " I don't have time to deal with him" meaning I'd rather go to bars get smashed and pick up chics.. I don't care as long as he was a good father but he doesn't want him. He doesn't see him. :( so confused
    Entomology Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 08:40 PM
    You can't make him see the boy. The unfortunate thing is that too many fathers aren't really fathers... they don't care and it is unimaginable to me how that is possible. It happens though and it is too common. So you can't make him see your son or care for him but you can make him pay child support... and you should make him do it.

Also, from what I understand, the signing his rights away doesn't happen. It's not possible. If you had someone that was willing to adopt, I think then he would need to sign but he can't just sign away all responsibility simply because he wants nothing to do with your son.

Feb 21, 2013, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    You can't make him see the boy. The unfortunate thing is that too many fathers aren't really fathers....they don't care and it is unimaginable to me how that is possible. It happens though and it is too common. So you can't make him see your son or care for him but you can make him pay child support...and you should make him do it.

Also, from what i understand, the signing his rights away doesn't happen. It's not possible. If you had someone that was willing to adopt, I think then he would need to sign but he can't just sign away all responsibility simply because he wants nothing to do with your son.
    Ok thanks! So let's say in a few yrs from now he grows up n decides he wants to see his son do I have to just let him? And if so do I have to allow him to leave my house? I don't trust him alone with my child.. Especially because he drinks... A lot... That's a whole other story on its own.. I can't exactly drop my son off at his house because his parents now live with him and they don't know about my son
    Entomology Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 08:54 PM
    When you do the court thing, it should all be laid out there what needs to be done and what either of you can and can't do.

Feb 21, 2013, 08:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    When you do the court thing, it should all be laid out there what needs to be done and what either of you can and can't do.
    Ok thank you!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 21, 2013, 09:16 PM
    Where did you get the idea he can just sign over his rights? That's just a myth.

But no, if in a few years he decides he wants to be a father, you do not have to just allow him. You can force him to go to court to obtain visitation. The court will then look at the fact that he has previously denied the child and they will, likely, dictate supervised visitation at least initially.

But you agreed to have sex with this man. The court will look at that and figure if he was good enough to have sex with, he is good enough to be a father. That was risk you took when you agreed to sex.

Feb 21, 2013, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Where did you get the idea he can just sign over his rights? That's just a myth.

But no, if in a few years he decides he wants to be a father, you do not have to just allow him. You can force him to go to court to obtain visitation. The court will then look at the fact that he has previously denied the child and they will, likely, dictate supervised visitation at least initially.

But you agreed to have sex with this man. The court will look at that and figure if he was good enough to have sex with, he is good enough to be a father. That was risk you took when you agreed to sex.
    Well I'm not going to get into that with you... But yea I thought he was a going to be a good father considering he has a daughter from a long time ago. But he spent his young yrs caring for her... And when he knocked me up he decided he didn't want to do it again at the age of 40... So to answer your question yes I thought he was good enough, even to be my husband but when I got pregnant it all changed and he became the 25 yr old he never got to be... If the courts ask I will have no problems telling them that.

Sorry but that last comment ticked me off... I'm not a teen sleeping around I was in a serious relationship or so I thought. And like the previous person who comment on my post said there are many men like this.. Unfortunately... We don't choose this.

Thanks for letting me know I can go to court and try to get supervised visitations if he try's to come see him
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 22, 2013, 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacs View Post
    Sorry but that last comment ticked me off... I'm not a teen sleeping around I was in a serious relationship or so I thought. And like the previous person who comment on my post said there are many men like this.. Unfortunately... We don't choose this.
    I'm sorry the comment ticked you off, but you need to understand the reality. The questions I asked are the questions that will be asked in court. We don't sugarcoat things here. If you have good answers to those questions the better for you. You gave us very few details and I based my response on what you posted.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sons father [ 2 Answers ]

My sons father left him when he was 4 months old he then went to jail when he was 2 now 6 years later he wants to see his son. Do I have to let him see my son?

How to get over my sons Father [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get over my sons father I been knowing him my whole life we been together off and on for four years he was my first everything I still love him and he still loves me but it just seem that we are not made for each other any more and we view things different now... I still yarn to be with...

Can my sons father wants to change my sons last name without my consent ? [ 3 Answers ]

My son's father want to change my son's last name to his. My son is 6 years old and his father has never been in his life till now. Is his father allwoed to change my son's last name without my consent?

Wanting to change sons last name father not on birth cert and not in sons life [ 10 Answers ]

I need help my son is almost 3 and his father will not sign the birth cert and will not pay child support and will not give up his rights I am a single mother who has kept myself off welfare because they will go after him and. I am not wanting anything from him, I am just wanting to take his last...

View more questions Search