Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pennycord Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2013, 06:15 PM
    Invisible bugs in couch what could it be,they bite but we don't see any bugs
    For about 6months the kids have been getting bit well they are on couch,never see any bugs,they don't even know they have been biten into they start itching,what coud it be,I have tried lots of different things to get rid of them nothings working.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 06:17 PM
    So this only happens on the couch?

That's a bit odd. If you have a pest infestation it would be logical that it would reach further than the couch, that other areas should be infested as well.

That leads me to believe that this is an issue with the couch, and not necessarily a pest issue. But let's see what the experts say. :)
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 06:46 PM
    • Are any bite marks visible before they start scratching?
    • Do you or does anyone else get itchy after sitting on the couch?
    • Did this start when you got the couch or did it develop after you'd had it awhile?

You say you've tried several remedies. That would tend to indicate a different problem than what you've tried to solve.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Is it possibly fleas? Sounds weird but we had this issue years ago,

We have a couch that is nice and plush... but hardwood floors. We went on vacation and had someone come in to take care of the cats. When we came back, we had no idea that there was a flea infestation mainly in the couch (and on the cats of course). Sitting on the couch was a pretty bad thing to do! LOL.

Not sure if you have pets or not but if you do, it could be fleas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Invisible Bugs Crawling on me ONLY when we are on the couch! [ 14 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I both have been experiencing the sensation of bugs crawling on our legs. It started up again about 2 weeks or so. It started slowly and gradually got worse. Neither of us had said anything to each other until 2 days ago when the feeling was so bad we each freaked out, thinking...

Car bugs that bite and invisible are not your imagination [ 3 Answers ]

Need help, have bugs that have invaded my car. Like one responder wrote, these bugs bite a lot then sometimes at all. I have to shower and wash my clothes because before I realized what they were I was bringing them in house, had professionals to fog and spray house several times to get rid of...

View more questions Search