Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heidi40 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2013, 03:10 PM
    Blower motor when off is overheating
    I have an old style furnace in my trailer and the blower turn off after proper heating and then there is a humming noise which after a bit overheat the whole furnace! I have cleaned all the area out made sure all the wiring is OK nothing in the wiring feels hot just the blower area with a humming coming from it and gets extremely hot! Help!
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 04:47 PM
    Sounds like you have either a bad motor capacitor, or a bad motor. Does the blower wheel turn freely when power is off?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2013, 10:22 AM
    How are you doing mygirlsdad,, its good here. Don`t get on the site much any more
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 22, 2013, 04:28 PM
    Just extremely busy at work. Looking forward to a cruise in May. Ive noticed your not around much. Every thing okay? Or just tired of it?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2013, 07:29 PM
    All is well, so far,just no time to play. Working 2 jobs keeps me busy, little woman lost her job about 3 years to soon,, Obama has hit his mark at my house,, just have to double up,if it don`t kill me first

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Overheating conderser fan motor [ 3 Answers ]

My old condenser motor was overheating and stoping. I replace it with a new motor but it is overheating and stoping also

Overheating blower motor [ 5 Answers ]

Rb6369 wrote: > Hi,can you help me with my problem?? I see that you have a lot of answers for others online . > I have a aire-flo 92 high efi furnace and 2.5 ton c/a. > 2 yr old with no problems until now. Motor overheated and shuts off until cooled down. Runs about 2 min and gets super hot....

Blower motor overheating (very hot) shuts down [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I hope you can help me. I have a two year old Aire-flo furnace and ac unit. Worked fine until a couple of days ago. Blower mortor at the bottom of the furnace gets super hot and shuts down. I got a new motor (same kind) still doing the same thing. The did not give me a new capacitor...

Blower motor overheating [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 70 split unit. 19 years old, current motor and cap are 10 years old. The blower motor stopped working on AC. My AC outdoors runs fine. Motor issue persists regardless of Tstat settings - I tried heat & cool, auto and on. (left in the on position). Opening up the ahu, the...

92 acura integra motor keeps overheating. [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 90 Honda CRX Si with a 92 Acura Integra motor in it. I changed my water pump about a month ago since it started leaking coolant from the hole on the pump. Then yesterday my car started overheating. Last weak I blew a hose but then fixed it and this week it just started to overheat. So I...

View more questions Search