Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessmarcas3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2013, 01:56 PM
    Solid red led on furnace
    Just changed the ignitor and the flame sensor on my goodman furnace yesterday... today I went and put the thermostat to 85... it ran normal for over an hour and a half so I decided to lower the temp to 80... the room temp was almost 50 on the thermostat... but once I lowered it to 80, the flames went out and the blower stopped... now what, please help... the LED is solid red... thanks
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2013, 10:30 AM
    Sounds like the furnace is doing its job. The tstat I`m sure has a name brand and model number to tell us what you are working on. 85 or even 80 is awfull warm for most any size house. Put it down to a normal 70 or 72, see if it works right then,not knowing if you have a digital or analog temperature read out on the tstat,make it hard to give you any help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

58sta090 furnace does't turn on, status light is solid red all the time [ 1 Answers ]

Carrier 58sta090 furnace stopped working last night thermostat shows room temp. at 60, set temp. is 74. The status light is a solid red all the time. What could be wrong ?

Goodman furnace red led light don [ 0 Answers ]

Goodman gas furnace. The red status led don't come on at all. It has power to the circuit board, to the fuse, to the transformer. Continuity is good from the plug at the board through out the rollouts. The exhaust fan works when you shoot power directly to it. I'm not a furnace guy, but I'm...

Solid lit Red LED on terminal strip of honeywell R8184G4009 [ 3 Answers ]

We have a forced hot water heating system with Beckett Oil Burner, and Honeywell R8184G4009 intermittent ignition oil primary. The honeywell ignition Is about 3 years old and the heating system is 20 years old. Today, we noticed that The furnace is not turning on. When I went down to the...

Bryant Furnace RED LED light remaining on [ 6 Answers ]

On Thursday evening I was going to attempt to change my filter, I took the 2 doors off the front of my Bryant Horizontal Furnace and was looking for filter. With no luck, I gave up and put the 2 front covers back on. Now the RED LED light is on, not flashing just continuously on. What should I...

Intertherm furnace solid red light [ 1 Answers ]

I noticed that our Intertherm furnace has a solid red light that comes on occasionaly when the heat is running. Does it just mean the fan is coming on? SHould I be concerned? THank you

View more questions Search