Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Richard Bark Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2013, 01:35 PM
    New thermostat
    Looking to buy a new ITT general controls thermostat, Cat. #
    T993v801. The 8 could be a 3. Has the mercury switch and says to use up to 750 MV circuit only. Any ideas where one could be located?
    Thanks, Richard B.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 03:23 PM
    If it is a standard 2 wire thermostat for Millivolt control there are a few at the link below. You will probably not find the exact one you are looking for since it is probably obsolete. It does not really make a difference what thermostat you get as long as it is for Millivolt and will mount. Home depot/Lowes and other places also have the millivolt ones also.

millivolt thermostat | eBay
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 04:45 PM
    I agree with hvac1000. Mercury switch stats are no longer manufactured. Upgrade to any millivolt compatible stat and you should be good to go.
    Richard Bark Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2013, 05:41 PM
    Thanks guys, I figured as much but wanted some outside advice. I'll check out the big box stores.
    Richard B.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing train weathertron thermostat with honeywell pro th3000 thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

Im looking for a change over wiring diagram

Replacement of Carrier Heat Pump Thermostat with Honeywell TH6000 series thermostat. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Series 50QT Electric heat pump that still uses the original non programmable thermostat. I am trying to replace it with Honeywell TH6000 series programmable thermostat. The wiring on the existing Thermostat as follows: O - White, I am thinking this is the Reversing Valve? Y...

Goodman furnace guso50-2 thermostat wiring instructions for 2 wire thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Looking to hook up a 2 wire heat only thermostat as the door with the weiring diagram is missing it's a goodman guso50-2?

Replacing maple chase thermostat with ritetemp thermostat model # 6030 [ 0 Answers ]

Replacing maple chase thermostat with ritetemp thermostat model # 6030

View more questions Search