Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    grencha Posts: 71, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
    Scheduled Appointment Service
    I am not sure which part to describe what happened first but think a question of what a customer thinks they deserve will be first. Do you think the amount of money a person spends to purchase a product entitles them to special treatment? This verses something you do not do that makes them unhappy.
    There are a lot of products around that are sold to protect the exterior and interior of automobiles and I had a job where I would apply one of those products. Well an unfortunate thing happened one day when a customer that left his vehicle to have the product he bought applied to his vehicle. He was called and told the vehicle was finished and he could come get it. Well the vehicle was not finished or even started. I did not tell anybody it was ready as I usually do. Next thing I know the manager in charge of this service called me to his office where the customer was. The customer became very irate about this and would not accept any explanation and went as far as to say things about the company. I ended up finally doing the service even after being degraded by the customer who was not happy even after the job was completed. So what is a customer really entitled to?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2013, 11:44 AM
    A customer is entitled to good service.

Did he get it?

Your manager stood by while the customers took out his anger at you?

He's the one I'd be angry with.

EDIT: I note your employer is demanding a copy of your driver's license every month. Is your employer trying to find cause to get rid of you?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 20, 2013, 11:49 AM
    It's all about customer service. I have taken losses on cars simply to keep someone happy. It sucks but it's part of business.

To answer your first question, no, paying more shouldn't entitle someone to better service. It should be the same service no matter.

I agree with Judy. It was up to your manager to explain that there had been a mix up and that it would be taken care of. It was not up to you to take the beating for it. Your manager hung you out to dry and he is the one you should have the issue with. He probably could have solved this fairly simply by explaining there was a mix up and offering discounted service to make up for it.
    grencha Posts: 71, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2013, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    A customer is entitled to good service.

Did he get it?

Your manager stood by while the customers took out his anger at you?

He's the one I'd be angry with.

EDIT: I note your employer is demanding a copy of your driver's license every month. Is your employer trying to find cause to get rid of you?
    Reply:
    Well this question was regarding a previous employer who let me go. The drivers license issue is a current employer. Get this that customer who was upset showed up and trade his vehicle in where I am currently employed about 1 month after I was hired, go figure.?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scheduled Maintenance. Really? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2008 Acura MDX with 32k miles. The dealer says I need $499 of scheduled maintenance, including differential fluid change, tire rotation (never been done), alignment, etc. What really needs to be done at this point?

Scheduled court dates [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a web site that lists pending court dates, times and court room for the Court House in Newmarket, Ontario, Canada. I found one a few months ago and didn't make note of the site address. Thank you for your help. :confused:

Scheduled for Arbitration [ 3 Answers ]

I received a notice that my case ( being sued by Capitol One) is scheduled for arbitration. I am not sure what I should do now. I was reading that arbitration is not such a good thing and that it would be better for litigation before a judge. Can I appeal the arbitration hearing and request to...

View more questions Search