Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    delysid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2013, 09:38 AM
    Low pressure in handheld shower
    Our new kohler bancroft handheld shower has very low pressure there was no problem in other bathroom shower nor on old showerhead contracter sayys "that's the way it is"n
    scott53715 Posts: 165, Reputation: 10

Feb 20, 2013, 05:57 PM
    There seems to be something missing. Did your contractor do anything else except replace the shower head? Try getting a large bucket and filling it up with the shower on full. The flow rate is supposed to be 2.5 gallons per minute. So 30 seconds, half that much. Measure what you get. There might be a washer at the shower arm or at the shower head that might be misplaced restricting flow? I'd first see how much water you are getting, and call your contractor back if its not right. If the shower valve was replaced, there could be problems with the install. First check and see if the shut-off valves are fully in the open position (all the way to the right). Good luck. I hope this helps. Bottom line, you should be happy with the work. If your contractor is not responsive, you can let him/her know you'll be telling everyone you know what a poor experience you've had.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you fix low pressure at the shower head when good pressure present at faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Good hot and cold water pressure at faucet but when switched to shower, temperature of water drops drastically (minimal hot water coming through) and water pressure is very low. Shower head has been switched, mesh has been cleaned of any debris, and black rubber ring has been changed. What can I...

Great pressure when cold, low pressure when hot. What's wrong with my shower? [ 1 Answers ]

Great pressure when cold, low pressure when hot. What's wrong with my shower?

Low pressure in one shower, high pressure in the next [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I purchased my first home about 4 months ago, and one of the first things I noticed upon moving in was that the shower valve in the master bath leaks unless you really crank the thing hard. Now over the last few months the water pressure in that shower (master bath) has been getting...

Water pressure in new Delta handheld shower unit [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a Delta hand held shower unit a couple of months ago and I need more water pressure. Is there a water saver that can be removed to increase pressure?

High pressure at sink, low pressure at shower [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sink in the bathroom has good solid water pressure. Next in the circuit is the toilet, which also has good pressure at the angle valve. The shower, however has terrible pressure. I have removed the head, and the pressure out of the shower neck is no better. Shower neck exits the...

View more questions Search