Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 20, 2013, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I recall spending time in Tampa, FL, in 1966. The city seemed to be 90% elderly then. It seemed to me that no one drove over 10 mph, but no one drove under 10 mph either, and sailed right through stop signs and red lights.
    All joking aside, I noticed that almost no one turned their head to look right or left. Necks do get sore and harder to move, and it's dangerous.

BUT these people were a lot older than 70. Poor choice for a cutoff!
    Yes it is a poor choice for a cut off. I am 70, have all my own teeth, don't drink vodka, have regular eye exams paid for through socialized medicine every six months, can't think of any downsides. Oh, yes, have all of my faculties, cause still work full time in healthcare.

The cut off in Ontario is 80, then you get called in by the DMV to do written test. Do, I think I have made a point here.

Also, 70 is not considered OLD any longer, and I hope most of you reach it!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 20, 2013, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Yes it is a poor choice for a cut off. I am 70, have all my own teeth, don't drink vodka, have regular eye exams paid for thru socialized medicine every six months, can't think of any downsides. Oh, yes, have all of my faculties, cause still work full time in healthcare.

The cut off in Ontario is 80, then you get called in by the DMV to do written test. Do, I think I have made a point here.

Also, 70 is not considered OLD any longer, and I hope most of you reach it!
    Just make sure you keep your cane in the back seat so it doesn't get wedged under the gas pedal or brake.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2013, 03:09 PM
    Note to Odinn - brace yourself. Tickle is considering whether to rip out your throat.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2013, 03:12 PM
    tickle has more subtle means than ripping out a throat.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 20, 2013, 06:01 PM
    LOL... maybe I should take an extended vacation.
    Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 04:07 AM
    Judy knows me quite well !
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 21, 2013, 04:33 AM
    tickle, I forgot that you are older than I. To me you are still a spring chicken, gardening, making stained glass, not even retired yet.
    Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 05:01 AM
    Thanks joy ! Yes, not retired yet, still getting up at 4 am and out the door for a 6 oclock client, but definitely giving up overnight work !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend of 5 years left me to see other people [ 12 Answers ]

Okay where do I start? Well I'm 23 and she is 22. After 5 years she left me to see other guys. Yes we did meet in high school and yes I was her "first everything", however she was not my 1st everything. She told me she hated my job because I couldn't be there every holiday with her at her family's...

Girlfriend of 1.5 years no more sex drive help! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I began dating my current girlfriend 18 months ago. Like the beginning of all relationships, the sex was great. We had sex everyday until the end of the school year, which was only 1 month later. Because our hometowns are 7 hours apart by car, we only visited each other for a week at a time on...

I'm 37 years old and I can't drive up till now [ 2 Answers ]

I tried 2 times before to learn driving at driving schools. I feel some improvement at first and so I feel worse and worse. I think my problem is that I'm v afraid when I am on a high speed ( I mean more than 40 kph) to make an accident. Maybe, I ve a physical problem that I can t ve a mental...

Husband of 5 years--low sex drive [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 5 years, I am 25 and he is 30. When we first started dating we would have sex all the time, but just before we got married, his sex drive plumetted and it's been low ever since. We have a great relationship and communication. We've talked about it to death,...

Why do people drive 55 in the passing lane? [ 2 Answers ]

Why do people drive 55 in the passing lane?:mad:

View more questions Search