Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dayslug24 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Feb 17, 2013, 04:04 PM
    Trane vs york, which one to choose?
    I am replacing my 20 yr. old Trane xe78 and heil 2 ton hvac system due to me being anal retentive and trying to beat the new laws about not being able to install 80%'ers anymore after this spring. I have picked what I hope is an ethical and professional company to install new unit, they also are dealers for both brands. I have a quote for Trane XR80 with a Trane XR 13 a/c unit, also have a quote for a York TG8S furnace with YCJD a/c unit. The Trane setup will only cost me 600.00 more than the York setup.
    Does it really matter which brand I go with? Is it worth the extra 600.00 to Install the Trane over York?
    Opinions are very much appriciated! Thanks
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 17, 2013, 04:23 PM
    I have found both to be good systems. The only difference is that Train will not sell parts to homeowners. They will only sell to certified Train dealers. Really your choice at this point. The units are very comparable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IF I live in Florida and work in New York do I have to pay state taxes for New York [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida and will be working in New York 4 days a week. Will I have to pay New York state taxes on that income?

In love with two man - don't know what to do, who to choose and how to choose? [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 30 year old woman and I think that I love two men at the same time and I don't know what to do. About 7 years ago I met man no.1, we had a more or less happy relationship although I have to say that every now and then I had doubts that he is the one I want to spend my life with, and the one...

How to wire a trane 900 series thermostat to a trane XL13i heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

How to wire a trane 900 series thermostat to a five wire XL13i heat pump system.

Trane XL20i heat pump requires Trane 900 series thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if the Trane XL20i heat pump requires the use of Trane's 900 series thermostat or if a Honeywell VisionPro IAQ thermostat can be used.

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

View more questions Search