Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2013, 07:56 AM
    Wireless router weak signal.
    Hi,
    I have a Westel and a Cisco 1000 connecter together to try and booster my signal. It will not let me connect wireless unless I'm in the same room. I use a DSL from ATT. I don't have any problems taking the Westel and Cisco out and total replacing them if it will let me not be a prisoner to the room. Any Ideas??
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Feb 19, 2013, 04:04 AM
    Severaql things can effect wireless range, like concrete walls with rebar inclosed, or other metal also thick masonary walls will block or partualy block wireless. Is it possible to move the wireless router to a central location in your building?
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2013, 04:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmeeks View Post
    Severaql things can effect wireless range, like concrete walls with rebar inclosed, or other metal also thick masonary walls will block or partualy block wireless. Is it possable to move the wireless router to a central location in your building?
    Hi,
    Thanks for the answer but the router is in a room that is in the middle of the house. I've tried moving it but I still get the same problem with a weak signal. Again Thanks
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 19, 2013, 01:11 PM
    Use the Westel as a modem but turn off the wireless feature (if it is wireless), then add a Netgear wireless router.

My Westel that I had years ago through Verizon lost signal. I read around the internet and then was able to go to the Westel settings and change it to not output a wireless signal. I was still able to use it as a modem. I then added a Netgear wireless router and that solved my problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing ro [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to change from a wired router to a wireless router just by changing routers and not changing plans

I have verizon wireless for laptop go through wireless router for home [ 2 Answers ]

I currently have verizon wirless for my laptop, works very well in and out of town. I would like to know if I can run my UBS verizon wirless through a router so when I am home we may all use the internet with home computors at the same time.

Connect Pantech UM175 wireless broadband modem to Belkin Wireless G router [ 12 Answers ]

I have a Pantech UM 175 wireless broadband modem from Millenicom and I am able to hook it up to a laptop running Vista, a laptop running XP, and a PC running XP individually. However, I would like to have it where I can create a network so that any or all of the computers can access the internet...

Connect to wireless printer and wireless router at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I can connect wirelessly to my router and I can connect wirelessly to my pinter one at a time. If I'm browsing the internet and want to print I have to break my connection to the router and connect to the printer. This is a pain in the .(especially when listening to pandora radio) ...

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

View more questions Search