Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunshineyMe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2013, 01:03 AM
    My husband filed for divorce after I left him but won't sign to finalize divorce
    I left my husband after taking physical, emotional, verbal, and mental abuse from him almost 3 years ago now. He filed for divorce over 2 years ago but refuses to sign the final divorce papers so I could get him out of my life once and for all and not be connected in any way to each other. What is my next step to do to get our divorce finalized without having to hire an attorney? He won't sign the final divorce papers because he don't want to pay me any of his precious monthly pention check.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 17, 2013, 04:01 AM
    We need to know where you are located.
    Does the divorce agreement say he has to pay you part of his pension? Was this something you two decided on your own?
    You may have to file for divorce on your own, but if you want support from him, you are going to have a very difficult time without a lawyer. No one HAS to hire a lawyer, and you could file without one if you just want a very basic divorce and there are no children.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 17, 2013, 04:44 AM
    Go back to the court that issued the divorce papers and ask that they be finalized by default.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 17, 2013, 07:42 AM
    (Yes, I agree with Scott, you don't have to file yourself.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do I say in a letter to ask my husband to sign divorce papers I have filed? [ 12 Answers ]

I left my husband just over 8 months ago, he is highly abusive so I had to sneak out while he was at work and took only what I could take to a storage unit and what fit in my car. I sent dissolution papers that I signed in front of notary public to him to sign and file in court... when I called him...

My wife filed for divorce, I didn't want a divorce, I still loved her, I asked why? [ 5 Answers ]

I didn't want a divorce because I didn't want to be away from my family , and I still loved my wife, I pleaded with her to not do this and asked her why , she told me the reason was cause of " how I used to treat her " , I wasn't a saint when we first got married , but I wasn't that bad . I never...

He left and filed for divorce, but never completed paperwork [ 2 Answers ]

My husband left in 2005, then filed for divorce at the urging of his girlfriend in 2006. I signed the paperwork. He never followed up and now has to start over. I have since moved on with my life. I no longer consider myself married, but since he did not follow up, we still are on paper. The papers...

Husband filed for divorce [ 6 Answers ]

My husband filed for divorce. His lawyers faxed my lawyer the papers. Now I fired my lawyer. And his lawyer was informed that my lawyer is no longer handling my case.(did I technically get served?) or does his lawyer have to serve me personally? I live in NJ

View more questions Search