Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sum8840 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2013, 10:15 PM
    Is my employer required to pay per diem?
    Is my employer required to pay the federal per diem rate if they send me out of town to work? I live in Colorado and they want to send me to South Dakota for a month. I have no contract with this company (I'm a tree trimmer), they will give me a company truck to use. They said the per diem is about $70-75. The GSA website says that lodging is $77 and meals, etc. is $51. Also, after that job ends, they want me to work in Cheyenne, WY (approx. 100 miles) for up to 3 years, and say there is no per diem for that job. I would have to use my own car and gas, etc. Are they supposed to pay per diem for that?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2013, 09:36 AM
    Your employer is free to negotiate any and all terms with you. As long as minimum wage is paid according to State Law (and other State requirements are met) there are no other requirements on the part of the employer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for an employer to pay overtime through its per diem account? [ 1 Answers ]

I have search the net for an answer. I was only able to find articles explaining and defining per diem as an expense account used for travel expenses (which is my understanding of the term). I was NOT able to find one article related to per diem paying for overtime (non-travel) wages which lead...

Can I claim apartment rent for out of town work when my employer did not pay per diem [ 1 Answers ]

I had to rent an apartment for 8 months because my work was 10 hours from my home my company did not pay per diem can I claim this as work related exp on my ta and where do I put it?

Reimbursable per diem vs. employer paid per diem [ 2 Answers ]

Can you file a shortage for per diem on your taxes? If so, what basis is used to determine that difference?

Is an employer required to pay a percentage of a group health care policy [ 2 Answers ]

Is an employer required to pay a percentage of a group health care policy

View more questions Search