Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 16, 2013, 11:23 AM
    GOP presidential victory in 2016?
    I think if the Republicans can convince the NM governor Susana Martinez to run, the GOP might have a chance in 2016. She is pretty and smart and clever and has an interesting ancestor and knows law enforcement and is in tune with immigration and is politically experienced and has been on both sides of the aisle and is a Latina and has thought out her very reasonable and acceptable positions according to the Wikipedia article about her.

Now, if the aged male Republicans can give way to the younger ones under 50 and also accept that there are benefits to the Internet and electronics and social media in campaigning and be energetic to put boots on the ground and find banner-wavers in thousands of neighborhoods across the U.S. like Obama's team has done, their chances improve even more.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2013, 11:31 AM
    I agree with you completely. However, this gov has a LOT of exposure to get, because I watch the National News every night, and watch Fox News Channel every morning for awhile, and I have never heard of her! I am sorry to say that, but it's the truth.
    The GOP, of which I am one, had better shape up, stop bowing down to Obama, and his Democrat friends, or there will be another Dem in 2016 winninng that election. If that happens, goodby America. We now owe more than ever can be paid, and have 47 million Americans on foodstamps. What more could Obama want? He wants all to be dependent on the Fed Gov't, and he is getting his way.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 16, 2013, 11:39 AM
    Instead of muttering over what they consider all of Obama's sins and shortcomings and failures, why not get proactive and actually DO something to improve their own lot and chances for the future? The Republicans sound like a bunch of naggy and discontented fishwives! Get off your butt, you guys! And now is the time to start working toward what you consider a better future. Lots can be done now -- boots on the ground in towns and cities to educate and inform and tutor and support and retrain and help people rethink about what is important and help them recapture the societal values Repubs think have been lost.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 16, 2013, 11:41 AM
    And if Hillary runs in 2016, Susana would be the perfect counterpoint!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2013, 12:13 PM
    I have followed her for years .She's but one of the very deep bench of potential GOP hopefuls. As long as morons like Karl Rove don't try to be king makers ;and the grass roots select the nominee ,I think the GOP has a solid chance.

But let's not put the cart before the horse (or if I was continuing puns from another OP "let's not put the ala-carte before the horse ) . There are state elections to contend this year ;and the mid-term elections next.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2013, 05:41 PM
    I know you live in hope, Tom, and it seems the women are becoming the hope of the side, It might be interesting to see an all girl battle, the dynamics might change a little or maybe the claws would be out
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2013, 07:52 PM
    I consider Martinez one of the top 3 or 4 potential candidates. But it is way too early to speculate . Heck if the determining factor was female ,then we would also do well with Kelly Ayotte,Nikki Haley ,Condi Rice .If it's minorities we have Bobby Jindal ,and Marco Rubio .

My favorite is still Mitch Daniels .
    If clowns like Rove screw things up we might have Jeb Bush ,or Chris Christie. I completely agree that a grass roots effort is needed .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 16, 2013, 08:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    But it is way too early to speculate.
    It may be too early to speculate on candidates, but the Republicans had better get their act together very soon and move ahead with full steam, or they will lose again in 2016.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2013, 12:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It may be too early to speculate on candidates, but the Republicans had better get their act together very soon and move ahead with full steam, or they will lose again in 2016.
    Oh dear four years of electioneering and nothing done
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2013, 03:01 AM
    I will remind everyone that Obama was not considered a serious candidate until 2008 .Evita was the crowned Princess in waiting .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 17, 2013, 12:10 PM
    Oh goody, another election, so we can watch the right recite the same "values" mantra and eat each other as they run to the right, and don't dare try to sneak back to the center. Younger faces, same campaign. Same principle of uncompromise, but with each other.

Same results.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2013, 07:22 AM
    I have no current plans to speculate on 2016 until about 2015.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 18, 2013, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I have no current plans to speculate on 2016 until about 2015.
    If the rest of the Republicans wait that long too, they will already have lost the race.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2013, 08:39 AM
    Let them sweat the details. I'm sure potential candidates are already getting a lay of the land ;and putting their campaign boots on the ground. But 3 years is more than a lifetime in politics.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2013, 08:39 AM
    If the rest of the Republicans wait that long too, they will already have lost the race.
    You know as well as I do the race has already begun, but refraining from speculating doesn't necessarily equal passivity.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 18, 2013, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    You know as well as I do the race has already begun, but refraining from speculating doesn't necessarily equal passivity.
    So where is the Republicans' ground game happening or their Internet/social media connections getting connected? All the mailings and calls I am getting are the same old-same old.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2013, 09:34 AM
    GOP.com: Growth and Opportunity Project
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2013, 09:46 AM
    So where is the Republicans' ground game happening or their Internet/social media connections getting connected? All the mailings and calls I am getting are the same old-same old.
    In my case they're nowhere. This is solid red state country so they don't waste many resources trying to win us over.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 18, 2013, 09:58 AM
    Like you did last election?
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2013, 10:22 AM
    Why would they spend money in an area they're a lock?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2016: Obama's America [ 23 Answers ]

Hello: Is anybody going to see this movie? It looks like the same old stuff... I saw the trailer... Obama, the neo-colonialist, wants to DESTROY America, while Romney, the great American Hope, wants to SAVE it... Gagggg.. excon

The GOP's Top Priority [ 60 Answers ]

It is obvious this is their sole concern. W-A09a_gHJc

In 2016 [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: The right wing thinks Romney will be another liberal free spender like Bush was. Instead of supporting HIM for 8 years, do you think they'll let Obama win so they can run a REAL conservative in 2016? excon

Victory in Anbar [ 10 Answers ]

Interupting the coverage of Bristol Palin's pregnancy to announce that the U.S. has turned over control of Anbar Province . Sen .Obama: Soon you will have nothing left to surrender. Zeus Obama said the surge of American forces in Iraq has "succeeded beyond our wildest dreams'' .Well not quite....

GOP/black voters [ 14 Answers ]

Polls have shown that many black voters, especially in the south are socially conservative yet nearly 90 percent continue to vote for the democrats. Could someone explain why? How can the Republicans win more black votes?

View more questions Search