Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 09:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:Are you saying that you're HAPPY with your current policy of throw 'em out, and so are Texas Hispanics??? I can't tell.. Are you FOR amnesty, or not? To quote John McCain, all I want is a yes or no.

And, Marco Rubio??? Maybe he'll move to Israel.

excon
    No I'm not for amnesty, I'm with Obama on this. “reform means establishing a responsible pathway to earned citizenship—a path... and going to the back of the line."
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 10:27 AM
    The funny thing is that the illegals really think Obama's on their side. If he really were ,then this would've been his fight in the 1st term. I suspect he won't go any further than lip service again.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 10:36 AM
    You guys have added your lip service to the immigation issue this time, and that's a big difference than it was.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 10:50 AM
    What, Obama is the only one who can 'evolve'?
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, Steve:Are you saying that you're HAPPY with your current policy of throw 'em out, and so are Texas Hispanics??? I can't tell.. Are you FOR amnesty, or not? To quote John McCain, all I want is a yes or no.

And, Marco Rubio??? Maybe he'll move to Israel.

excon
    Majority of U.S. citizens say illegal immigrants should be deported
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 10:55 AM
    I'm not impressed. "Wednesday's Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted Friday through Tuesday and surveyed 1,443 Americans over the age of 18." I wonder how random this sample is. It is already sampling only "Americans." White ones? Many fell into a 50+ age bracket?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 10:59 AM
    What, Obama is the only one who can 'evolve'?
    To be quite honest I love it :). I knew you guys weren't loony in the first place. Well not ALL of you.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2013, 11:02 AM
    Hello again,

May I remind you that this ISN'T about popularity.. It's NOT about what the base wants.. It's about winning presidential elections. I guess they think they can fool people.

I agree with tom. This will go NOWHERE, and Hillary will win in a landslide.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I'm not impressed. "Wednesday's Reuters/Ipsos poll was conducted Friday through Tuesday and surveyed 1,443 Americans over the age of 18." I wonder how random this sample is. It is already sampling only "Americans." White ones? Many fell into a 50+ age bracket?
    That was 839 more sampled than ex's convoluted contraception poll.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 01:41 PM
    No matter where you are, when it comes to queue jumpers(illegals) the silent majority are of the same opinion, send them back. No matter how impractical that might be as a solution most people want the laws respected and enforced
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 02:33 PM
    For the second year in a row, Rand Paul cut a check to the treasury returning $600,000 they saved from his office budget. Drop in the bucket sure, but I know first hand how little the government does to save our money and we need more examples like this instead of just tossing around our tax dollars like Santa on steroids...

Rand Paul returns more money to Treasury

CNN's Kevin Liptak

(CNN) - Sen. Rand Paul cut another six-figure check to the United States Treasury Wednesday, taking the money he said he didn't need from his office's budget to make a tiny dent in the nation's massive federal debt.

"We watch every purchase," Paul, a Republican from Kentucky, said at an event next to an oversized check for $600,000. "We watch what computers we buy, what paper we buy, the ink cartridges. We treat the money like it's our money, or your money, and we look at every expenditure."

The $600,000 reflects more than 20% of Paul's annual office budget, according to a press release. Another GOP lawmaker, Rep. Mick Mulvaney of South Carolina, said he would return $160,000 to the federal government, or 12% of his office budget.

“At a time when Americans are tightening their budgets, I have made an effort to do the same with my Congressional office budget," Mulvaney wrote in a statement. "'My office has found ways to save money while continuing to provide necessary services to the constituents of the Fifth District. As requested when I returned over $160,000 last year, I ask that Speaker Boehner use this money to pay down the national debt.”

Last year Paul returned $500,000 to the Treasury, and said he hoped other members of Congress would follow his cost-cutting lead. In total, Paul's office says they've returned $1.1 million that was unspent from his office's operating budget.
    $1.1 million in two years, kudos Senator.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 04:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    For the second year in a row, Rand Paul cut a check to the treasury returning $600,000 they saved from his office budget. Drop in the bucket sure, but I know first hand how little the government does to save our money and we need more examples like this instead of just tossing around our tax dollars like Santa on steroids...

$1.1 million in two years, kudos Senator.
    You need to borrow some of our politicians, they seem to be in a race to the bottom, like having the smallest budget will get them elected. I heard the most stupid thing I think I have ever heard yesterday, the government here (Federal) will cut funding allocations to the states and give the funds directly to local hospitals, this is after they, the feds, cut funding for medicine by the same amount. I'm waiting for the obvious solution, a government levy to fund hospitals

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2016: Obama's America [ 23 Answers ]

Hello: Is anybody going to see this movie? It looks like the same old stuff... I saw the trailer... Obama, the neo-colonialist, wants to DESTROY America, while Romney, the great American Hope, wants to SAVE it... Gagggg.. excon

The GOP's Top Priority [ 60 Answers ]

It is obvious this is their sole concern. W-A09a_gHJc

In 2016 [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: The right wing thinks Romney will be another liberal free spender like Bush was. Instead of supporting HIM for 8 years, do you think they'll let Obama win so they can run a REAL conservative in 2016? excon

Victory in Anbar [ 10 Answers ]

Interupting the coverage of Bristol Palin's pregnancy to announce that the U.S. has turned over control of Anbar Province . Sen .Obama: Soon you will have nothing left to surrender. Zeus Obama said the surge of American forces in Iraq has "succeeded beyond our wildest dreams'' .Well not quite....

GOP/black voters [ 14 Answers ]

Polls have shown that many black voters, especially in the south are socially conservative yet nearly 90 percent continue to vote for the democrats. Could someone explain why? How can the Republicans win more black votes?

View more questions Search