Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2013, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    If they have the same company covering them as I do for me, they paid for my transfusions back in 2009.
    SMH again...
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 20, 2013, 08:31 PM
    I think the Republicans have become too extreme to win a national election. If they want to have a chance again, they will have to make some changes to their positions and stop letting tea party types win nominations instead of reasonable candidates. They've lost at least four winnable senate seats in last few elections because of this. I think they will have to become more willing to compromise on immigration, raising taxes, shut up about abortion, birth control, rape, gay marriage.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2013, 09:29 PM
    You want them to compromise their views and their base to get elected, what is the use of that? May as well keep the compromise you have represented by the Democrats. The idea of politics is that you have opposing views not the same view. If you want parties with the same view you may as well have communism. The electorate has swung one way because of extremism and it will swing back. Nothing lasts for ever
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2013, 06:16 AM
    Hello again,

Remember when I said that the Republicans will NEVER pass an immigration bill?? Looky here:

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 06:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    You want them to compromise their views and their base to get elected, what is the use of that? may as well keep the compromise you have represented by the Democrats. The idea of politics is that you have opposing views not the same view. If you want parties with the same view you may as well have communism. the electorate has swung one way because of extremism and it will swing back. Nothing lasts for ever
    Thanks , someone gets it .
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again,

Remember when I said that the Republicans will NEVER pass an immigration bill??? Looky here:

excon
    Imagine that... people living on the border and dealing with most of the negative effects of illegal immigration have different view than country club libs living in gated communities ;hiring illegals to do the laundry ,the lawn mowing ,and the parenting for them.
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2013, 06:31 AM
    Hello again, tom:

I did NOT know that you guys thought John McCain was a country club lib... You learn something on this site every day.

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, tom:

I did NOT know that you guys thought John McCain was a country club lib... You learn something on this site every day.

excon
    He has always aligned himself with the Rockefeller,Country Club ,inside the beltway Repubics.
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2013, 07:09 AM
    Hello again, tom:

Come on, tom.. I KNOW you're flummoxed. I would be too, if say, MY party told me that Medicare recipients were MOOCHERS... Look. You're one of the guys who's yelling at McCain.. I got that... But, Rubio is out there too. Is HE a country club lib?

Really... You guys ARE at war with each other... Let me know when the smoke clears... We're either going to have the old Republican party back, or... I don't know what will happen if the Tea Party takes over...

excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    I think the Republicans have become too extreme to win a national election. If they want to have a chance again, they will have to make some changes to their positions and stop letting tea party types win nominations instead of reasonable candidates. They've lost at least four winnable senate seats in last few elections because of this. I think they will have to become more willing to compromise on immigration, raising taxes, shut up about abortion, birth control, rape, gay marriage.
    They've blown some chances for sure but this 'extremist' line is concocted nonsense.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    imagine that ... people living on the border and dealing with most of the negative effects of illegal immigration have different view than country club libs living in gated communities ;hiring illegals to do the laundry ,the lawn mowing ,and the parenting for them.
    Lets be clear those are older conservative republicans believing a gun is the only answer to the immigration problem. Their attitude is no surprise. They have been hollering for years despite the fence and the laws they have written. Its also a place where buying guns in bulk by 18 year olds and reselling them to whoever is a misdemeanor less than jaywalking.
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2013, 07:34 AM
    Hello again, tal:

If you'd been told by your governor that HEADLESS Americans were scattered all around the desert, you'd think a gun was the only answer too..

Immigration reform will NOT make it by these people.

excon
    Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 07:47 AM
    Unless the Maverick changes his mind and withdraws his support... AGAIN. And Rubio, not Obama's name is on he bill. McCain doesn't care what those town hallers are squawking about. It's the house that will kabosh everything as usual. The local yokels control them completely.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The local yokels control them completely.
    Um, isn't that how it was intended?
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 08:15 AM
    Speaking of 2016, this guy knows how to turn an awkward moment into a win...
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Feb 21, 2013, 08:17 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Um, isn't that how it was intended?
    It IS. But, why don't you speak frank with us??

The PURPOSE of the right wing flip flop is to GAIN the Hispanic vote.. Nobody is pretending that you've actually CHANGED your minds about illegals, and NOBODY believes that you have - especially the Hispanics...

So, my question to you is, is it better to succumb to what the local yokels want, or win a presidency? OR, in the alternative, do you believe you CAN win the presidency even if you DON'T get that vote??

Excon
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 08:30 AM
    You'd think that as much as Hispanics hate Republicans and with Texas having a Hispanic population roughly 3 times the national average, Texas wouldn't be run by a bunch of white Republicans.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2013, 08:31 AM
    I don't want the illegal alien vote. As for McCain .I admire his service . But his record as a Senator has been at best mixed. He has this Senate 'commity ' obsession and concedes on too many positions as a result. Just this week he was doing a great job holding up Hagel's appointment to try to get answers on Benghazi. Then at the critical moment ;he backed down and threw away all the leverage he'd built .
    He knows what the Republicans want in an immigration bill . But he is demonstrating yet again that he will cave.
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2013, 08:51 AM
    Hello again, Steve:
    You'd think that as much as Hispanics hate Republicans and with Texas having a Hispanic population roughly 3 times the national average, Texas wouldn't be run by a bunch of white Republicans.
    Are you saying that you're HAPPY with your current policy of throw 'em out, and so are Texas Hispanics?? I can't tell.. Are you FOR amnesty, or not? To quote John McCain, all I want is a yes or no.

And, Marco Rubio?? Maybe he'll move to Israel.

Excon
    Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    2003 Texas redistricting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The 2003 Texas redistricting refers to a controversial mid-decade congressional redistricting plan. In the 2004 elections, it resulted in the Republicans' taking a majority of the House seats for the first time since Reconstruction, by a 21 to 11 margin, or a 2 to 1 ratio. This was disproportional to the voting breakdown in the state in the presidential election, in which there was a 61/38 voting ratio of Republicans to Democrats. Opponents challenged the plan in three suits, combined when the case went to the United States Supreme Court in League of United Latin American Citizens v. Perry.

On June 28, 2006, the Supreme Court upheld the statewide redistricting as constitutional, with the exception of Texas' 23rd congressional district, which it held was racially gerrymandered in violation of Section 2 of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, apparently to try to protect a Hispanic Republican representative. This district had to be redrawn in a plan with oversight by the court. When completed, a special election was held for the representative of the new district; the Democrat Ciro Rodriguez won the seat.
    The war goes on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2016: Obama's America [ 23 Answers ]

Hello: Is anybody going to see this movie? It looks like the same old stuff... I saw the trailer... Obama, the neo-colonialist, wants to DESTROY America, while Romney, the great American Hope, wants to SAVE it... Gagggg.. excon

The GOP's Top Priority [ 60 Answers ]

It is obvious this is their sole concern. W-A09a_gHJc

In 2016 [ 9 Answers ]

Hello: The right wing thinks Romney will be another liberal free spender like Bush was. Instead of supporting HIM for 8 years, do you think they'll let Obama win so they can run a REAL conservative in 2016? excon

Victory in Anbar [ 10 Answers ]

Interupting the coverage of Bristol Palin's pregnancy to announce that the U.S. has turned over control of Anbar Province . Sen .Obama: Soon you will have nothing left to surrender. Zeus Obama said the surge of American forces in Iraq has "succeeded beyond our wildest dreams'' .Well not quite....

GOP/black voters [ 14 Answers ]

Polls have shown that many black voters, especially in the south are socially conservative yet nearly 90 percent continue to vote for the democrats. Could someone explain why? How can the Republicans win more black votes?

View more questions Search