Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JP8 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 07:09 PM
    How to open a laptop
    I know to fix desktop pc's but in laptop I'm not really familiar. I want to replace the hdd of my laptop. This is an old laptop but I know I can still use it. But I don't know how to open it. My laptop is NEC versapro va75h
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 20, 2007, 08:34 AM
    Hmm, usually there are several access panels on the bottom of a laptop. One of them should be the HDD bay.

Another panel could be for the battery, another one for the RAM slot, another panel to clean the CPU fan, etc.
    JP8 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2007, 09:16 AM
    There's no access panel for the hdd. Only for the ram and the battery. In nec versapro va75h, do I have to unscrew the bottom part? On the top? Or on the keyboard?
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 20, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Unless someone else has more info, your on your own I'm afraid. Or you might try here for help.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

May 27, 2007, 08:00 AM
    See If there are screws marked with arrows. Remove these.
    May have to remove any covers for Ram and battery, Remove RAM and Battery,
    Look for screws.
    Above Link by HVAC888 looks like may have your info. All Else, May Call Them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My c drive doesn't open? [ 4 Answers ]

My cd rom drive has a disk in it and now I can't get it open. Any help for the computer iliterate?:confused:

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

Can't open some sites [ 2 Answers ]

I have windows 2000 and internet explorer with default settings.I have installed shock wave and flash player and don't have any problems with majority of the websites.but when I tried to register online for an exam,this site: http://securereg3.prometric.com/PolicyAgreement.aspx didn't open .the...

Can't get my laptop open [ 4 Answers ]

Rick is crying big time. Kids dropped the laptop; the pin that the power supply plugs into has broken off :( Manual is no help with directions on opening it up - and I can't find anything Googling. I've removed all screws on the underside of it and still can't get it open. Any ideas? ...

Open Source [ 1 Answers ]

Microsoft said on Wednesday that the U.S. software giant would offer licenses for some of its source code in a bid to comply with antitrust requirements set by the European Commission.Yipee. This of course does not mean,it's time to open the champagne bottles,phone a "rival",and say how much is...

View more questions Search