Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyandjan Posts: 191, Reputation: 4

Jan 23, 2005, 11:44 PM
    Lyrics to songs
    Anyone know a good site to find the words to songs? Have a few that need clarification for the words. Thx.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2005, 07:17 AM
    Google is a boon for this kind of stuff. Go to www.google.com, type in a snippet of the lyrics that you remember (they should be the exact lyrics not an approximation), put those words in quotes then add + lyrics to the search string.

An example: I heard a song on the radio and remember a verse that starts with "I'm having a daydream...". I go to Google and enter this in the search box: "I'm having a daydream" + lyrics. The result are links to sites that have the lyrics to that Morcheeba song.

Have fun!

Jan 24, 2005, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    Google is a boon for this kind of stuff. Go to www.google.com, type in a snippet of the lyrics that you remember (they should be the exact lyrics not an approximation), put those words in quotes then add + lyrics to the search string.

An example: I heard a song on the radio and remember a verse that starts with "I'm having a daydream...". I go to Google and enter this in the search box: "I'm having a daydream" + lyrics. The result are links to sites that have the lyrics to that Morcheeba song.

Have fun!
    Tried your suggestion and it worked great! Will use it from now on and others who want info to words and also to who sings them will be able to using this type of search. The site I happened upon also gave a lot of other artists songs. Thx again.
    rlberry11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2005, 07:44 PM
    Good Site
    Try www.azlyics.com :)
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Feb 4, 2005, 02:34 AM
    Music Lyrics Website
    Lyrics to songs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Anyone know a good site to find the words to songs? Have a few that need clarification for the words. Thx."

Try the following:

http://www.kissthisguy.com/

http://www.lyrics.com/

Feb 5, 2005, 08:45 PM
    Great site!
    Quote Originally Posted by rlberry11
    Thanks for the info. Went to the site and found exactly what I needed. Would recommend it to those looking for the words as they really are written and sometime so hard to understand when listening to them being played.
    katiematey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2011, 01:21 PM
    I always use www.lyricsmania.com <they're ALWAYS acurate.
    But sometimes it does freeze or take FOREVER, so I use www.lyricsmode.com
    Hope this is helpful x
    samuelspeak Posts: 71, Reputation: 5

May 4, 2011, 07:41 AM
    Yes Google is the best. But if you are particular about sites, then lyrics.com, azlyrics.com, metrolyrics.com are good sites for to find lyrics.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lyrics, please [ 1 Answers ]

Could someone please give me the lyrics to an old love song, "Where Walks My True Love?" I think the first couple of lines are "Where walks my true love? There you will find me. Though we be dreams apart, or just a smile away." Could you also refer me to a website where I can be sure to listen...

HELP! If you know music and lyrics than help me [ 2 Answers ]

The song I am trying to to find goes like this " maybe oneday they will see me as a person not just a black man". So if anyone knows the groups or song title please let me know, or email me the name(s). Email is [email protected] Thanks Taniesa

Need help with lyrics [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me... I'm looking for an old 80's song I have but don't know the title of it... It sounds clubish in nature and it goes like this: “You can feel two hearts in me You can hear the voices in me I am the thief of lusted source Gets me higher when I'm blue Takes my hand and runs me...

Need a title and artist to lyrics please help [ 1 Answers ]

I have the chorus of a song that I will type "So many things I want to say But your walls get in the way We've got to be strong Got to dig deep

Taktika lyrics [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I've been looking for some lyrics for a while, I just can't find them, its mon mic, mon forty, mon blunt remix of taktika, I can't find them... Anyone knows where I could get them? it’s a french band! Ty

View more questions Search