Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carebear0550 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2013, 10:21 AM
    WE Day 2013.. . (Poster/Message/Ideas)
    Hello;\
    As many know already I am going to this years We Day in Saskatoon,SK, Canada! So this time, I was wondering if any one knows or can think of/make up a message to put on our We Day posters. .

Note:These are the ones I have so far; WE are the future.. . (going to be heart dots)
    It all starts with 1!
    Balgonie Elementary We are the change
    Or We all can change.. .
    Thanks again!
    ~carebear <3
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 16, 2013, 10:31 AM
    Keep Calm and Listen to Slayer

We are the world... we are the children...

There is no I in We

We will overcome

We have seen the promised land

We is half of Well

We rhymes with pee

Feb 16, 2013, 04:32 PM
    Thanks. If anyone has anymore feel free to post too, thanks again!

Feb 16, 2013, 04:41 PM
    Snacks For We Day (Concert)!!
    I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas to bring for snacks for a concert I am going to. Also, anything that would be good to take for a breakfast, lunch, and supper too! Enough to last from 5;30 am- about 4;30 (4;30 or 5;30)!

Thanks, as always!! =D
    ~ carebear <3
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 16, 2013, 05:13 PM
    Where is this concert? Most commercial venues don't allow people to bring in their own food.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 16, 2013, 05:27 PM
    Trail mix
    Muffins
    Bagels and cream cheese
    Water in reusable bottles from home
    Beef jerky
    Nuts of some kind
    Granola bars
    Dried fruits such as raisins, apricots, apple slices, prunes, banana slices
    Crackers
    Small cans of tuna

Be sure to throw your trash in a wastebasket and not on the ground. Remember, this is all about WE and helping the world!

Feb 17, 2013, 07:47 AM
    ScottGem; This concert is in Saskatoon, SK,Canada. I live close to 2 1/2 -3 hours, and we can bring our own food! 9000 people and a couple vending machines? Uh-Oh :/

Wondergirl: Thanks a lot you really are fantastic and wonderful!! And I will throw my trash in the garbage!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 17, 2013, 08:51 AM
    For the (corn? Raisin bran? Cinnamon?) muffins and bagels, go to a restaurant or a restaurant-supply store, if there is one near you, to buy a bunch of those little individual packets of jelly and peanut butter and honey and butter and cream cheese. They will be easier to carry than jars of stuff.

And be sure to encourage others to throw trash into waste containers!

Feb 18, 2013, 03:33 PM
    Thanks again Wondergirl XDDD

Feb 21, 2013, 10:09 AM
    We Day food and bus trip (update)
    Hello;
    Thank you for all the fabulous answers for my last We day question about snacks.

But I was still wondering now that I know a bunch of snacks to take there what about actual meals?

I need food for breakfast, Lunch, and dinner/ supper.

Also, It is a Long bus ride and like I said, We will have to be leaving pretty early in the morning and that's a lot to put on an 11 year old. So, my question is besides sleeping what is some things I can do on a charter bus (My first time riding on one!! Yayy!! ). I will also be sitting with friends so any bus games would be helpful too!
    Any ideas greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks again!!
    ~ carebear
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 10:36 AM
    I figured you would graze your way through the day, eating small amounts and any time you got hungry. I'd use the bagels and muffins as more of a main meal item and add butter and jam or cream cheese or even peanut butter on them. That along with a handful or two of trail mix or nuts or mixed dried fruits would be a meal for me. Or eat a mini can or two of tuna along with a muffin or bagel. Or buy small cans of deviled ham and spread that on a bagel for a meal. (Take plastic utensils.) Clementines are small and easy to carry, so consider taking some of those.

On charter buses, we would sing together or nap or chat quietly with our seatmates. There are magnetic games like checkers for long car rides, so look at Walgreen's or Walmart or something like that (toy aisle?).

You can fill up a printer-paper sheet with evenly spaces dots and then take turns with an opponent to connect the dots with a straight line and thus form boxes. Whoever completes a box puts her initials into in. At the end when the page is filed with boxes, count how many boxes you each have claimed, and the one who has the most is a winner. It's a simple game (bring a clipboard or something to put under the paper), and here is an article about it -- Dots and Boxes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

You won't starve for one day and you won't be eating a home-cooked meal three times during the day -- just graze, like I said.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Hi Carebear - how exciting that you get to participate in the We Day, I understand that it took lot of work for the participating schools to be able go!
    Since this really is a school involved adventure, hasn't your teacher or principal made suggestions or something about the food issue? Are they providing meals for the students going?
    (Also - I looked up the Credit Union Centre in Saskatoon, it does say that they have quite a few concession stands - it was unclear to me if they would be open during the event, but if they are you could purchase your meals there, problem solved!)

Feb 21, 2013, 09:25 PM
    Hey Aliseaodo. It is really exciting and our school had told us to bring our own food because of how picky people can be. Also, our school had told us that around 9000 people and those vendors.. . Not a good idea
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Feb 21, 2013, 10:43 PM
    Hmmm I would imagine that the centre consession stands would be able to accomidate that many people, but if you're more interested in bringing your own tasty treats, what about fried chicken or sub sandwiches? Both can be pre-made and eaten cold. Something like muffins or bagels (as suggested by Wondergirl) are perfect for breakfast or an early lunch (brunch?), and fried chicken or a sub sandwich is a good idea for lunch and/or dinner.

I'm excited for you, they are talking about having a We Day concert in Seattle in the next few months, which is very close to where we live, my son is hoping he will have an opportunity to go, keep me informed on your experience!

Feb 23, 2013, 10:07 AM
    Thanks Aliseaodo. :O)

I will keep you informed on my experience as soon as I get home (unless I go straight to sleep)! Thanks for all your help and I do hope your son gets in to We Day.

Mar 27, 2013, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    Hi Carebear - how exciting that you get to participate in the We Day, I understand that it took lot of work for the participating schools to be able go!
    Since this really is a school involved adventure, hasn't your teacher or principal made suggestions or something about the food issue? Are they providing meals for the students going?
    (Also - I looked up the Credit Union Centre in Saskatoon, it does say that they have quite a few concession stands - it was unclear to me if they would be open during the event, but if they are you could purchase your meals there, problem solved!)
    I'm so sorry I haven't yet gotten back to you but I HAD AN AMAAAAZZZZZZZINGG!! Time it was mindblowingly awesome!!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2013, 04:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear0550 View Post
    I'm so sorry I haven't yet gotten back to you but i HAD AN AMAAAAZZZZZZZINGG!!!! Time it was mindblowingly awesome!!!!
    So happy you had a great time! And thanks for letting us know. (You didn't starve to death then?)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

School Election Poster Ideas. [ 2 Answers ]

I need some school election poster ideas, I've looked and looked and yet I still can't find anything! Please no slogan ideas, that was all I could find in the first place. Thanks!

WE Day 2013.. . (Art/craft ideas) [ 0 Answers ]

Hello; I have recently been chosen (and allowed ) to attend this years We Day concert in Saskatoon, SK, Canada. We are supposed to make posters. As so, I am doing so with a friend of mine since we have a week off school now. Any who, I was wondering if anybody knows anything else that would...

What to say to a guy in a text message if your all out of ideas [ 15 Answers ]

I really like this guy and he likes me, but we text all the time and sometimes I run out of ideas of what to say to him. And I want it to something flirty and something that will make him really want to answer and have a conversation with me. Because a lot of times he'll just say haha;) . Do you...

My ex didn't reply to the B'day message [ 6 Answers ]

Hey... I need your help guys. My ex broke up with me 2 months ago. It was his b'day a few days back and after contemplating about whether I should wish him or not I finally decided NOT to wish him. But guess what my will kind of broke down and I decided to wish him the next day by scrapping him-...

View more questions Search