Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JP8 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 07:05 PM
    Doesn't perform any Power on Self Test
    I bought a ECS motherboard 3 months ago it works fine. And till this problems comes, it doesn't perform any Power on Self Test. It has a display. I can't even enter the bios setup. How could I fix this? Please help me... I'm a new user here
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 19, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Have you done anything to PC since 3 months ago? Added ram? New hard drive? etc.

Problems like this are hard to diagnose. Try unplugging everything from the motherboard, except for CPU. Do you get any beeps at all?

Try resetting the bios cmos.
    JP8 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 09:40 PM
    I tried that already but still the same.:confused:
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Mar 20, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Have you upgraded the PC recently?

I've had nothing but bad experiences with ECS motherboards. I suggest you take the motherboard back to the dealer, and ask him to check it, and get an exchange for something better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car won't start, no click and no power to radio, power window or locks [ 6 Answers ]

After installing a new starter on a 1999 2WD Explorer it will not start. There is no click when trying to start it, its just dead, and the radio, power locks/windows, a/c, and dash light don't work but the interior lights work and so do the headlights. We've had the starter checked to make sure...

Single phase power vs. Three Phase Power [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any real difference in efficiency and cost between a single phase air conditioning unit and a three phase unit? Thanks, JPGREEN

Did John Stamos' Band Perform at a Orange County High School [ 1 Answers ]

I need help from the general public on this one! My girfriend's sister best friend says John Stamos and his band played at her 1984 high school prom. I've known her to tell some big whopper lies in the past, but I'm feeling some truth in her story this time. I think the high school was Saddle Back...

What's the diff between diaelectric test and insulation test [ 1 Answers ]

I am puzzled, What exactly is the difference between diaelectric test and insulation test. Some says it the same, but others says it's because one applied power to perform the test the latter don't. And some says both are using power but one is using AC power and the other using Dc power. There...

Test [ 2 Answers ]

This is a test

View more questions Search