Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BarrelRacinGrl Posts: 31, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2007, 06:59 PM
    No period--no morning sickness--not pregnant--What's the Deal?
    Hey

My name is Kelly, and I came across this website in one of my web searches and I was basically at that point was too tired to keep looking and decided to post a question on here.

As of today, my last period started on Dec. 19th and ended on Dec 24 (yeah I know, right on christmas eve!) and I haven't had a single drop since.

So naturally since that I am sexually active, I'm worried at the possibility of me being pregnant. However, since I haven't had any morning sickness I figured that I'm not pregnant but, after awhile I got worried at the stretch that this is going at.. So I tested myself for being pregnant. I have taken about... 6 different pregnancy tests of different brands such as first response, ept, so on and forth and all of them came up negative. Also just recently I went to a place where they give out free pregnancy testing and once again, it turned up negative. (not the blood test kind)

I plan on seeing a doctor in within 2 weeks from today, but I thought I'd ask here in hopes of suggestions on what it could be so that I could ask my doctor about it.

Yes, I have gained weight despite the efforts to eat heathier and exercising myself, and well I also noticed that I have to go to the bathroom more frequently. In addition to that, it feels like I have a ball inside me and if I apply too much pressure it's a little tender? Oh and I sometime get very light light cramp as if my period is coming, and I only end up to find nothing? Few people have commented on my slight increase of being little snappy, but I do apologize immediately about that (lol), unfortunately by the time I had already snapped at them. One last other noticeable thing is that smells tend to offset me lately, like for instance, I have a rabbit and lately no mattter how many times I clean out the cage, I'll walk into the room and go "man that reeks!" while others will go, "huh? I can just BARELY smell that".

As for stress, I have no stress whatsoever, quite literally! The only one right now is the notion of me being pregnant. I love kids, I'll admit that, but to be a mommy would be awesome, but I guess I'd prefur it if I had more stable foundation, I mean the one I have now is pretty damn good, I'd just like it to be just a bit stronger, you know?

I have heard of stories of women who have taken pregnancy tests and turned up negative, and went in for a blood test and was positive despite the urine test being negative---- is that even possible? In fact, how is that even possible?

If so-- I also have read about women who are pregnant or were pregnant in the past and didn't have morning sickness at all--- is that even possible as well? I mean I know it's all down there right front of me but jeez?

If so-- I am a moderate smoker (yes I know its bad for me.. *guilty look*) would it have already affected the baby?

Thank you all so much for reading this! I look forward for some suggestions, opinons, vice versa...

-Kelly

P.S. I'll update on this topic after I see a doctor and find out what's causing my body to go haywire. (Admittedly--- I don't care for doctors... they just have this annoying habit of going it could be this and this and often misdiagnois people *shakes head*) Oh and I'm sorry for being a chatterbox.. :rolleyes:
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 07:06 PM
    Okay, Kelly, it is quite possible you are pregnant. Are you taking your pregnancy tests first thing in the morning? This is IMPORTANT as that is when the concentration of Hcg (pregnancy hormone) is the most concentrated and will show up the best. However, after all 4 of my kids, my tests never showed a positive until at least 8 weeks.

Understand that you may not have any pregnancy symptoms. With all 4 of my kids I only had one symptom, and that was only with the first child. That symptom was tender breasts.

Not all women get morning sickness, and every pregnancy is different.

You need to have a blood test drawn. It is MUCH more accurate than a home pregnancy test. What you are experiencing does indeed sound as though you are pregnant.

I have heard of stories of women who have taken pregnancy tests and turned up negative, and went in for a blood test and was positive despite the urine test being negative---- is that even possible? In fact, how is that even possible?
    Simply because a blood test is more accurate. The hormones are in higher concentration in you blood rather than in your urine.
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 19, 2007, 05:07 AM
    [QUOTE]

My daughter had several false negative results with utrine tests, she finally got a positive when she was 4 months pregnant. Here hormones were slow to build up high enough to show positive on a urine test. The urine test relies on your hormones being a certain level to show positive, if your homones fall a fraction below the required level, you wikll get a negative result even if you are pregnant. She didn't have a blood test taken, which measures the amount of hcg in the blood to indicate pregnancy or not. This also happened with her second pregnancy.
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

Mar 19, 2007, 05:14 AM
    It sounds to me as if you are, go to the doctor and have a blood test done it is more accurate. As for somoking I know a few people who have smoked the whole way through their pregnancy and the baby was fine even though it is not suggested you do so. Good luck and let us know.
    kutlessfan03 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 21, 2007, 12:19 PM
    OK... I am having the same symptoms, except that this is the first time that I have missed my period. I am eleven days late. I feel like I have to pee a lot, I have cramps like I am about to start but I don't, weight gain, constantly bloated, etc...

I have been pregnant before and I didn't get morning sickness or anything like that. I don't feel pregnant. I have taken two tests and they were both negative. I started running in January, but at the end of February I took a two week break. I started running again at the beginning of March.

I was wondering if this could be because I am running one to two miles and it is very stressing on the body. I don't know. I am worried. I am supposed to be leaving for basic training in May for the Air Force.

PLEASE!! If anyone has any advice too let me know. Thank you so much.

Linsay
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2007, 12:39 PM
    I wouldn't be too concerned about the smoking. I was a heavy smoker when I learned I was pregnant at 12 weeks. I immediately quit after I found out, but my son is no worse for the wear. But if you think you are, I would recommend seriously considering quitting... as you get farther along, it gets more harmful to your child, and can even cause preterm birth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you still have morning sickness after a miscarriage [ 8 Answers ]

I suffered a miscarriage last year and showed no signs of it. I am now 10 weeks pregnant again and am scared to go through the same thing. Is it possible to have morning sickness if you have had a miscarriage but not know it?

Morning sickness Overload [ 4 Answers ]

So OK, I'm 14 weeks today, and I've been In Major HELL, with this whole morning sickness! I've just about had it. I've tried to be positive and just happy that I'm pregnant, but when your throwing up EVERYDAY and EVERYTHING, it's hard to look at the bright side. I've been prescribed three...

Morning sickness and miscarriage [ 9 Answers ]

Hello. I am about 7 weeks pregnant with my first child. I have not experienced any morning sickness. The only symptoms I have are very sore breasts and mild cramping. Many people are telling me that no morning sickness can be a sign that there is something wrong with the baby and that...

Morning sickness [ 9 Answers ]

Anyone have any morning sickness tips for me? Its been a while since I went through this, so any tips would be helpful. I forgot just how much I disliked the first trimester hahha. Thanks

Period sickness! [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 17 and my periods have always been regular. Recently these past two months when I've started my period (always on the 2nd of every month) I've been sick. Tired, Bad headaches, to where if I stand my eyes go pitch black. Fever of at least 103. I also get these really bad pains on both sides of...

View more questions Search