Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lordwispa Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2013, 04:02 AM
    Will the extension cable effect the ADSL2+?
    I need to run a cable from the house to the grannyflat out back to use ADSL2+ but looking on the net people are advising that the extension telephone cable running to the modem should be under 3 meters. Why does it have to under three meters? What's under the floor within about 3 meters that alters the net with a longer cable? The extension phone lead I need to use is 15 meters long. More importantly, I need my router in the granny flat where I'll live, so what can I do about it?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 16, 2013, 05:21 AM
    BAD idea.Phone extensions are NOT advised for any broadband installation.
    Better would be to run Cat5 from the router AFTER the ADSL connection.
    lordwispa Posts: 77, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2013, 05:53 AM
    Isn't a cat5 a cable that runs to the laptop? I have a wireless router

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adsl vs adsl2 [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to get 2mb internet installed as my satellite internet from hughesnet has become unbearable. :mad: The phone company says I need to purchase an adsl modem. Looking around I see adsl and adsl2 modems. Are they the same? :confused: Which should I buy and any recommendations of what...

Adsl1 v/s adsl2 [ 3 Answers ]

If my internet provider works on adsl1 and I buy adsl2+will it work or not?is adsl compatible to adsl1?will provider force me to get adsl1?

Total effect + income effect = Substitution effect? [ 1 Answers ]

In intermediate economics we are told that Total Effect = Income effect + Substitution effect but in advance level this relation is changed to Total effect+income effect = substitution effect why is that? Please explain with logic

View more questions Search