Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    un-identified Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2013, 01:03 PM
    I want to be adopted
    I honestly hate my family, you may think I'm just being stupid and that I love them but I really don't, I'm treated like nothing in this family, especially by my parents, yeah there's 6 kids altogether but the way I'm treated its like there's only 5, I've tried so hard speaking to them and trying to explain how I feel but they just seem to never understand or realise what it's really like, my mum is the one woman I can not stand, she's hit me so many times because she gets angry and I'm the first she turns too, or even when I make a silly comment on something she gets so angry about it and goes crazy for nothing, a few weeks ago I was at the point to ending my own life because of how unfairly I'm treated by my brothers, sisters and parents, everyday is a struggle, I'll go to school act like I'm all well and good but when I get home, I go straight to my room and stay there the whole night and cry myself to sleep, I don't even go down to eat with my family, I self harm instead as I still wanted to make something of my life as I'm still only 15, but I've decided I don't want to be living under the same roof as these people and want to go to a family that'll treat me like their own... but basically I'm asking for your help, what should I do, who should I talk to that could actually help apart from other family or friends, please :'(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 01:08 PM
    Well, stop saying silly things and avoid the punches. Also, do you pitch in and do chores and help around the house?
    country mama Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2013, 03:34 PM
    In was of answering her post,honey I believe you need to find someone outside your home to speak with that you can trust,such as a teacher or a cop,but be completely honest with them about everything,there is no reason any adult should punch you.Adoption may not be the answer,maybe another familymember or a friend of your family who loves children could help by giving you a place to live and treat you like a child should be treated,I wish you the best of luck... Please be sure to let me know how it goes
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 23, 2013, 03:41 PM
    If you are being physically abused then you should be speaking to a counselor at school.

Adoption will not be the answer, no one will adopt a 15 year old. However, foster care may be an option if you truly are in a bad situation. If you report it, there will be an investigation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I adopted... [ 0 Answers ]

(Sorry If my english isn't that good. I'm trying to do my best so you can all understand.) I've always had this weird feeling that a piece of me is missing. Like I'm from Ecuador and me and my sister have moved to belgium to live with my mom and stepdad. I was like 5 years old. Every time I think...

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

Was I adopted? [ 2 Answers ]

Was my sister and I adopted by my grandparents and how can we find this out?

View more questions Search