Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coffelt4az Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2013, 11:29 PM
    I work in Needles Ca. as a driver. California says work there you need a CA license. I live in Arizona and they say I have to have Arizona License. But I will lose my job, so got Ca. License with my real AZ address and got a ticket for it in AZ. What do I do

If I have a valid California drivers license and have never received a criminal or civil traffic ticket any where except for Arizona which issued me a ticket for not having a Arizona license. Now they have sent a hold to California and California says can't help me unless I clear the hold. To clear the hold I have to pay $797.30 and change my drivers license to Arizona. Then I won't be able to keep my local driving job in California. I have not done anything wrong, I have a home in Arizona and I work as a driver in California. I had a valid California drivers license with my valid Arizona address. How can Arizona ask me to break California Law and Lose my job?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 03:21 AM
    Drivers license are valid from one state to the other, you get your license from the state where you live.. California did not say you had to have a California license ( my guess) the company you worked for said that, and they were not properly informed.

You got the wrong license. So try to explain it to the judge, if not you pay the fine, get the correct licence in your home state.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 16, 2013, 08:21 AM
    What exactly is Arizona charging you with?
    • Driving in Arizona without a valid license? As Fr_Chuck indicates, Arizona is required to respect California licenses; I think it is required by the Full Faith and Credit Clause of the U.S. Constitution.
    • Driving in Arizona while being an Arizona resident without an Arizona license? That might be another matter.
    • Or is this a CDL matter?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I change my California CDL license to New York State CDL license? Help me! [ 2 Answers ]

Can I change my California cdl license to newyork state cdl license help me

Work in NY. Live in NJ. Has IL Driver's License. Which tax do I pay? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I work in NY, currently live in NJ, but still has IL driver's license since I moved from IL to NJ last year. 1. Which tax do I pay in this case? 2. On my paystub, it looks like I'm paying for the federal tax plus NY state tax. Is this correct? 3. Will I need to pay both NJ and IL...

Work in NY. Live in NJ. Has IL Driver's License. Which tax do I pay? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I work in NY, currently live in NJ, but still has IL driver's license since I moved from IL to NJ last year. 1. Which tax do I pay in this case? 2. On my paystub, it looks like I'm paying for the federal tax plus NY state tax. Is this correct? 3. Will I need to pay both NJ...

Driver's license from a state, live in another state, work in a different one [ 8 Answers ]

I just moved from MI to NYC but I will start work in NJ. Is the lease that I started for a place in NYC enough to prove my NY residency? Or do I have to also change my driver's license (which currently is from MI)? I am basically trying to figure out how to avoid having MI taxes still deducted...

What is required to get a janitoril license [ 1 Answers ]

Anitorial Requirements

View more questions Search