Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    987654321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 05:33 PM
    Trampoline Waiver
    Hello - I purchased a trampoline for my two daughters, and of course all the neighbor children want to go on it. Can you tell me where I can get a waiver form for their parents to sign in case someone gets hurt.

Thanks, Tammy
    Gotwheels Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2007, 07:47 AM
    Hi,
    What you need is a hold harmless waiver. You may be able to find one online from a legal form site. Unless you want to pay anywhere from 9.95 up to 19.95 online , look for freeware forms. The one thing you must make sure is that the form or waiver is appicable to your state or province. Otherwise you can have an attorney draw one up for you at about $100.00 You can draw one up yourself which is not hard to do. It has to contain certain elements, such as: Date, parties, conditions, location and limitations. This would be an example: I (your name) residing at (your address) being the owner of a recreational equipment (name of item) located at (place) will allow (name of child) son/daughter of (name of parent) of (address) to play on(equipment) and will not be responsible for any injury occurrence and will hold harmless (your name) for any injury or payments for medical services due to injury.

Date:

Parent signature:

Date:

Your signature:

This is only an example of what would be needed in the waiver. If you choose to use this, check with an attorney for it's validity in your state. If it proper in form , THEN IT MUST BE NOTARIZED for every child playing on the trampoline.
    John
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2007, 06:37 AM
    I would like to add, that your insurance company would like to know that you own one of these, even if you have a hold harmless waiver from others to use.

And you may find that your premiums may be affected due to the high amount of injuries caused by these devices.

As an insurance inspector, a trampoline was on my "hit list" of risks to the carrier.

In the event there is an injury without the carrier being aware may affect the outcome of compensation.

Please read your homeowner policy, and check with your agent. These things are dangerous.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Mar 24, 2007, 04:08 PM
    I am not an attorney just an insurance agent but here's my answer... and a comment... consult an attorney, pay his fee but first ask if it's his opinion if hold harmless or "waiver's" as you state, hold up in court. I don't think they do in most jurisdictions as one usually will be held liable especially if one can prove you may have been negligent in some fashion even though you have secured such signed agreement or waiver. Even the legal cost of defending yourself from a lawsuit even though you may eventully be found not negligent or liable can be very expensive.
    Qwazi Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 24, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Don't waste your time and efforts. You can have parents sign anything but if their child get hurt, it doesn't matter. If they want to sue you they will and your insurance company will fight it for you. That is what you pay them for.
    etoyszone Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 13, 2010, 08:09 AM
    Why do they have such a bad reputation, they're enjoyable and have health benefits, it's just people that are focused on price that let them down.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 13, 2010, 12:46 PM

Well etoyszone, most likely it is people like you, that will come here and post illegal advertising against the rules for their product.

I don't know anyone who would want to buy from a company that will break rules to advertise, if they will do that, what else may they do if you acutally bought from them
    NicholeNick Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2011, 08:15 AM
    I also think trampolines are very beneficial, but they can also be very dangerous. We just recently purchased one and I am also looking for a waiver form. A family member was injured on one and took the hosting family to court. I want to have outside enjoyment with my kids, but at what expense?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 10, 2011, 03:09 PM

This thread is getting old but I do want to mention that a parent can not waive the rights of a minor. Dad can sign your form, mom too and if the child is injured youy can'will be sued, waiver means nothing for children

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trampoline injuries and liability [ 2 Answers ]

What is the liability for having a trampoline in my yard and if someone gets hurt while playing on it?

Parental Rights Waiver [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old beautiful little baby boy. The father has not been involved by choice. He has some "issues" and agreed that it was in my son's best interest if he was not part of his life. We both wish for him to sign over all parental rights. This would give me the right to get married in...

MN Trampoline Liability Waiver Form [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - I purchased a 14' trampoline for my daughter and of course all the neighbor children want to go on it. Can you tell me where I can get a Liability Waiver Form for the trampoline for Minnesota? Thank you

Trampoline liability [ 0 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a full-size round trampoline for my two kids, 5 and 7. It is in our fenced (3 1/2 ft.) backyard, which is visible to at least a dozen homes in the neighborhood. All of a sudden, every kid in the neighborhood wants to come over and make friends---and the first thing they...

View more questions Search