Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nic0507 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2013, 07:09 PM
    Is my house really haunted? Added -- Who may have died in my house?
    There have even a lot of tenants in my house prior to myself, it's haunted, simple as that, I've been told to try and find out if anyone has died in the house in the past, I don't know where to start.
    rollie-pollie Posts: 53, Reputation: -3

Feb 14, 2013, 07:21 PM
    You can start by trying a pendulum if you want to contact a spirit or you could look up on the internet who has died there
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 14, 2013, 07:48 PM
    Your title asks if the house is haunted yet in the body of your question, you say that "it's haunted, simple as that."

So, with that said, I guess you have answered your own question. Good job.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 14, 2013, 08:37 PM
    Nic, you have two separate questions, your title and the one you ask in your post.

1. Is the house haunted? Before that question can be answered you need to rule out any 'normal' reasons for what may be occurring. High electromagnetic fields (emf) can affect humans and animals in strange ways. Trees, bushes, power lines, etc. brushing up against the house can create the sounds of people moving around inside. Animals can make sounds and move things as they run around. Shadows can trick the mind as it tries to make sense of very ordinary objects. Light can also play tricks as it bounces off shiny objects like glass, mirrors, even polished wood and metal. Look for the ordinary before you search for the extra-ordinary.

2. Where do you start researching who may have died in the house? Archives at your local library, historical society, and news sources may be able to give you some information. People who have lived in the general area for a long time or for generations may know stories about the location. Keep in mind that many stories may not be correct in their details or may be more folk tale than reality. Even public records can sometimes have major flaws.

If you are looking for spirits, or rather who they once were, be aware that you aren't asking about just the building. The land and objects in and around he house can hold memories. People do not have to have died in a place to leave energy behind or to return to it after they die.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 15, 2013, 02:49 PM
    Can you give us some compelling reasons that would indicate a haunted home?

Also, a home doesn't need to have had a death in it for a spirit to reside there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My house is haunted [ 21 Answers ]

I moved into my house 2 yrs ago, and right from the get go we had strange experiences. We saw shadows on the stairs, we heard banging and furniture move but initially we never felt frightened of whatever was in the house. Right now I feel like I could be on the set of a supernatural horror film. ...

Is my house haunted? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello to start with I'm a 20 year old female from Scotland and I do have some mental problems which some things might be attributed to and I still stay with my family. The experiences happened when we were very young (all my siblings have experienced stuff happening aswell) The living room...

Can a name be added onto the deeds of a house if the mortgage is not fully paid. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my wife and I have been married for three years the house we live in is in her name both mortgage and deeds are in my wife's name she pays the mortgage on it ,I was told that my name can not be added to the deeds of the house because my name is not on the mortgage and the only way that my name...

Flying Gable added to existing ranch house? HOW? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Could you tell me how to add a flying gable (Cath. Ceilings) to an existing ranch house? We are being told that it cannot happen and we would like pictures of someone that has done it and also some suggestions! Thanks so much! Chelsea

View more questions Search