Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2013, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    just like IKEA they half@ss everything
    You get what you pay for...

$20 bookshelfs aren't going to last...

Nope... I haven't been to Ikea in over 10 years... and don't remember having ever bought anything there. THey do have a knack for marketing however...

I learned almost 30 years ago... particleboard furniture isn't worth the pile of sawdust and Melamine paper they are made from.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 06:10 AM
    Yeah but I didn't know they made meat balls out of saw dust and horse . Actually ,I never knew they marketted food .
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2013, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yeah but I didn't know they made meat balls out of saw dust and horse . Actually ,I never knew they marketted food .
    Wouldn't surprise me if someone somewhere on the planet hasn't put sawdust or (cellulose) in a meatballs... but you might expect that from China.

Horsemeat might put off Equestrian fans... and a few others... but at least its still edible and safe.

They have "Swedish Meatballs" Not "Spagetti and Meatballs"

I like both if they are made right.

Wife uses Ground Bison (Buffalo) because of its low fat content when we have anything that calls for ground beef.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 06:35 AM
    Bison is good meat.. Have had it many times .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Paraclete, and what is 'Mr PC and keeper of the....' ?
    Now I know you are female would you prefer Ms
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if someone somewhere on the planet hasn't put sawdust or (cellulose) in a meatballs....but you might expect that from China.

Horsemeat might put off Equestrian fans....and a few others...but at least its still edible and safe.

They have "Swedish Meatballs" Not "Spagetti and Meatballs"

I like both if they are made right.

Wife uses Ground Bison (Buffalo) because of its low fat content when we have anything that calls for ground beef.
    Hi smoothy

Sawdust used to be a butcher's trick for a filler in sausages but not heard of it in mincemeat, no in China they put other things in food

Isn't bison an endangered animal? We have buffalo here (water buffalo) a feral animal but wouldn't eat them, likely to be full of worms
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 27, 2013, 04:34 PM
    Now I know you are female would you prefer Ms
    I still don't know what you meant, now you knowing I am female is only part of it. I still want to know why you made such nasty comments.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 05:13 PM
    Hi smoothy

sawdust used to be a butcher's trick for a filler in sausages but not heard of it in mincemeat, no in China they put other things in food

Isn't bison an endangered animal? we have buffalo here (water buffalo) a feral animal but wouldn't eat them, likely to be full of worms
    Mincemeat and meatballs are two different things here and yes, we raise bison for slaughter and also maintain protected herds.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 05:17 PM
    Isn't bison an endangered animal?
    not any more .It was headed to extinct until private enterprise saved the bison from extinction .
    The American Bison Society was formed in 1905 by such robber baron rogues as JP Morgan .He personally set aside 20,000-acre tract in Colorado and stocked it with bison. Buffalo Bill Cody added bison hunts in his Wild West shows introducing the animal to many people on the coasts . They in turn began donating to the American Bison society . Some ranchers began to commercially stock them, some cross bread them with cattle ( producing a meat called 'beefalo' . The American Bison society stopped operations in the mid 1920s .By then it was mission accomplished. The bison was saved.
    Many of the bison that survive on public ranges today were released from these private ranches. By the 1960s ,public lands were open to hunters. Now they are numerous .90% of the bison today are on private lands largely for commercial use .
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 06:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I still don't know what you meant, now you knowing I am female is only part of it. I still want to know why you made such nasty comments.
    I didn't like the suggestion that just because the thread wasn't tracking where you wanted it to be it should be closed, look it threads stayed on track it would be great, but they don't and the silly editing have no thought to context
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2013, 06:37 PM
    Hi smoothy

sawdust used to be a butcher's trick for a filler in sausages but not heard of it in mincemeat, no in China they put other things in food

Isn't bison an endangered animal? we have buffalo here (water buffalo) a feral animal but wouldn't eat them, likely to be full of worms
    They breed them commercially... they actual;ly were almost extinct at one point...

These are American Bison... known more affectionately as Buffalo

They are actually a cousin to cattle native to the north American Continent... and genetically close enough to be crossbred. Known as a Beefalo
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 06:58 PM
    Nice buffalo so aside from the Bison what cattle are native to North America?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 07:41 PM
    What cattle are native to Australia?
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2013, 07:44 PM
    Very ill tempered beasts from what I understand... they also smell bad too.
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2013, 08:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    What cattle are native to Australia?
    None unless you count the feral water buffalo no we have a much more efficient grass eater - the kangaroo

But seriously I was responding to smoothy
    They are actually a cousin to cattle native to the north American Continent
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 28, 2013, 11:00 AM
    Hi paraclete, my suggestion to cb was in jest as I said before; sorry you took it the wrong way. I was kidding about the thread going off track, they always do and no problem with that.

Thanks for making everything clear. I don't edit, someone else does, and yes when that happens it changes the context no doubt about that.

Your post was weighing on me, so now I feel better

Tick
    Ultra Member

Mar 5, 2013, 11:15 PM
    I'm glad you feel better wouldn't want anything I say to actually upset you, take me with a grain of salt as they say

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pond algea [ 7 Answers ]

My pond is crystal clear now, I can see all the way to the bottom, but I still have algea clinging to the plant stems and pots, bricks, sides, etc... Is this what should be expected in a back yard liner pond? (12 years old) I'm thinking I need to keep sweeping stuff around so it gets...

Does a biological media fish pond filter(without mechanical media)keep a pond clean? [ 1 Answers ]

Does a biological media fish pond filter (without any mechanical media) really keep a fish pond clean? I know that they keep the water healthy but I am having trouble believing that it will filter out small enough particles to keep it really clean. I have one in mind to buy that has a built in...

More bad climate change news [ 1 Answers ]

Dead trees spewing greenhouse gases Darn that Bush. Better get out there and plant those trees, or is that bad for wildfires? How does something "slowly" spew anyway? That ain't all the bad news...

Good news or bad news are these doctors of their rocker? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everyone, well I went to the doctor today concerning my miscarriage last week. Some of you may have read my post about having discharge and why the bleeding stopped (after only 3-4 days), well it turns out I am one of those women who can pass everything in 4 days. I have had an ultrasound...

View more questions Search