Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    normie1520 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2013, 11:21 AM
    We have a new gas dryer. It takes forever to dry anything. Any suggestions
    When I look outside at the vent, it blows steam for a minute or two and then nothing but cold air for 10 to 12 minutes. Then steam for a minute or two again and back to the same thing. Is there any way to change the heat on/off cycle?
    Username_Chris Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2013, 12:24 PM
    Try taking it apart and see what the problem is. Maybe it has something stuck inside or it wasn't built right. It happens more than you think and in that case you should try and call the company that sold it to you and what happens is either they come to your home and take a look at it and these people are trained to fix them but if they don't know what the problem is then they'll send it back get all the information on the machine such as serial number and whatnot then they'll tell you they will fix it and send it back ASAP or they will give you a new one.

It's either that or there's something wrong with your homes' parts.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2013, 12:49 PM
    I want to meet the people who send a dryer back to anyone - ?

OP, have you vaccuumed out the duct hose? Sounds like it might be blocked, affecting the thermostat, then it clears -
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2013, 07:47 AM
    Any restriction will cause the safeties to turn off the heat. If a sock got in the filter hole that would be enough to cause the problem. It's very, very rare for a safety to be bad, but it's still possible. Call for a technician.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2013, 10:02 AM
    If this is a new dryer, first make sure the vent is fully open all the time and if so, call the company who installed. It is under warranty if new.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2013, 10:09 AM
    I would personally just call whomever you bought it from. Yes, you can send a dryer back - they come pick it up. We replaced all of the appliances in our home two years ago - several arrived damaged - so many that we cancelled the whole order from the department store we bought them from and ordered from another store. In total, I think we returned about 4 major appliances. Not sure what was going on with the store, but they all looked like they had fallen off a freight train on arrival.

The difficulty in repairing it yourself is that if you screw it up, it can void your warrranty.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2013, 10:24 AM
    Joy, I was addressing that the store/manufacturer will take the non-working dryer, fix it and return it to the purchaser. I've also had defective appliances replaced.

"and send it back ASAP "

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag gas dryer takes to long to dry [ 2 Answers ]

I have a maytag natural gas dryer that is taking a long time to dry clothes it's a model # ldg9806aam it has dryed fast in the past but now its starting to take longer to dry. I have a igniter that works good can feel heat in dryer but drying time is real lenghty what is the priblem please help....

Kenmore Series 80 gas dryer runs but forever to dry [ 1 Answers ]

Hi - I have a 2003 Kenmore series 80 dryer that runs and seems to get warm but won't dry any significant load without 2-4 cycles. The element has been checked by a and seems to work. Tips on where to start? I've read up on this site but am cautious about pulling it out and getting started...

Dryer takes too long to dry [ 7 Answers ]

I have a Maytag DE512. It takes an hour or more to dry. Venting is not a problem. The dryer appears to heat to ~150 degrees. I think the problem is that "cool" portion of the cycle is too long. In other words, some times when the dryer is running it will be cool, but at other times is is...

Kenmore 29" gas dryer Model #110.72602101 takes several cycles to dry. [ 6 Answers ]

My 5 year old Kenmore Super Capacity gas dryer (model #110.72602101) suddenly started taking several cycles to dry a load of clothes. I checked the vent and it is not clogged. There is a plug on the front of the dryer I pulled off and watched the flame ignite and it stayed burning until the timer...

Kenmore dryer takes forever to dry clothes [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore dryer that is 10 years old. The dryer heats up, but the clothes take at least 4 times longer than what they should. I have noticed that when I open the dryer there is hot moist air inside the dryer and the clothes have a kind of mildew smell. My lint filter is clean, the back of...

View more questions Search