Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bubbles2222345 Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Feb 14, 2013, 06:07 AM
    Work Help
    Hi I recently asked a question about work on here. I have been contacted and asked to go to a Formal Hearing about this and I wanted to know will both parties be present? meaning will the person I reported the Grievance about be there at the hearing or will it just be me and the board of people from the company I worked for questioning me? Thanks advice would be welcome.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 14, 2013, 07:39 AM
    If it is a hearing, then yes, both parties will be there. Guess you will have to get your 'ducks in order'. You will be held accountable, but this as it should be if it was a complaint you made.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 14, 2013, 07:51 AM
    It really depends on the management style of your company. It's quite possible that there will be two separate hearings. One with you and one with the other person.
    Bubbles2222345 Posts: 138, Reputation: 0

Feb 14, 2013, 07:52 AM
    I have spoke to the manager in the last few minuites and he has told me it will just be me, him, any witness etc I may bring and the person taking the minuites. Do I take it he is being truthful then? Im not sure. As I said it's a Formal Grievance hearing? Thanks.

Also if I did not attend would they still have to act on what I have told them? Apart from the main grievance in the letter I sent I said things that were illegally being done in the company. If I don't go to the hearing would they have to do something about these things anyway? I just want to understand everything that's all? Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 14, 2013, 07:58 AM
    If you don't go to the meeting, most likely everything you reported will be filed away and nothing will be done. They need your input to clear questions they may have. So, yes, if you want something done, you need to attend.

No, I don't think they are lying to you just to get your there. That would not be how a good management/HR team works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Registration in the state work force office. Job Application for work in Ireland . [ 4 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, My job intermediary company recommended that I contact you and seek assistance regarding the Personal work force registration number as well as the preparation of the other requirements such as Cover letter, CV European format and Work permit Form. It is compulsory for my job...

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? [ 2 Answers ]

How does POS retail tills work, cash registers with touch screens how do they work? They are also known an point of sale and kiosks like the ones in mcdonalds or leisure centres

View more questions Search