Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Razibhasankhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2013, 12:52 AM
    If a man utter Three Talaq in one sitting - is Talaq granted in Islam ?
    "Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem"

I am a privet employee by profession. I am married for 4 and half years and Al-hamdulillah, I have a 2 and half years old little daughter. I am a Sunni Muslim from Bangladesh . Only we three are in the home (me, my wife and our daughter).

This happened 10 days ago, me and my wife had a verbal fight, we both raised voices and in much anger I utter these words (I am divorcing (talaq) her, in one sitting and the words were repeated three times). Sir, this happened without any intention and without any pre-plan. I was not able to control my anger and I was not aware of what I am saying and was not able to stop myself uttering these words during that time. It did not came to my mind even once that I am uttering these words or I will utter these words. Since then I did not use these words any time again. In sha' Allah, I will not use any time again.

Few days before I was told by a “Maolana” that our relationship is no more valid. After hearing that I am tensed and worried. I am crying while I am alone.
    Sir, I kindly request you to clear my issue. To inform you more, I was having no intention or any plan to divorce her and nor I have any plan in future. All this happened only in the state of extreme anger where I was not able to stop myself uttering these words.

Since then I am searching on the internet regarding this issue and I am getting confusing replies. Please help me and give me your good advice. Your kind advice & answer will be very highly appreciated.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 14, 2013, 01:09 AM
    This is what I found by researching.

Shia and Sunni Muslims have different rules for performing an Islamic divorce. Sunni practice requires no witnesses, and allows a husband to end a relationship by saying the one, two or triple talaq. Sunnis also believe it to be wrong and against various Hadiths but accept it as final, especially Hanafi schools of jurisprudence if a man did utter it, i.e. the triple talaq in one go. The view on acceptability of this varies amongst the four Sunni groups of Islamic schools of jurisprudence. In all Sunni schools of jurisprudence, each talaq utterance should be followed by a waiting period of three menstrual periods for women or three month (iddah), when the couple are supposed to try to reconcile with the help of mediators from each family, until the third and final talaq.
    Found here:

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...SVwViBhHsysuBQ

From reading that, my understanding is that you are divorced, since you said all three talaq's at once.

It does say that you should wait three months between each utterance of talaq, and try to reconcile during that time, but once you utter the third talaq, the divorce is final. If you utter all three at once, it's final without the waiting period. At least that's how I understand it.
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2013, 11:13 AM
    Uttering Divorce during Anger

Anger is of three types: The first type is when anger is so intense that a person becomes no longer aware of what he is doing or saying. In this case the divorce does not count according to the majority of the scholars, because he is like one who is insane and mad, one who has lost all power of reason. The second type of anger is when a man is when his anger is intense but he understands what he is saying and doing, however the anger is so intense and he cannot control himself because the argument trading of insults or fighting has gone on too long, so his anger intensifies because of that. In this case there difference of opinion among the scholars. The most correct view, and Allah knows best, is that divorce does not count because the Prophet (s.a.w) said: “There is no divorce and no freeing of slaves when it is done by force or in a state of intense anger.” [3] The third type of anger is mild anger. This is what happens when the husband is upset with his wife, or he is disappointed about something that his wife has done. This mild anger it is not so intense that it makes him lose his power of reasoning or self control, hence the divorce is valid according to the majority of the scholars. This is the correct answer regarding divorce uttered in anger, as was stated by ibn Taymiyyah and ibn al-Qayyim, may Allah have mercy on them.

I suggest to talk to you Imam, Thanks

Fond Here

Talaaq: Divorce on the Scales of Islamic Shariah

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Talaq [ 1 Answers ]

Brother Assalmualikum , I want to know if Sumone has divorced his wife just once not three times in one shot , would this be considered as divorce or saying Tallaq just once does not mean anything. Jazakallah

Talaq? [ 0 Answers ]

ASSALAMUALIKUM, I am a muslim living in australia.I have a problem brother which is making me very very upset.I got married few months back in saudia arabia.after my marrige I had a fight with my in regards to a small lie she lied to me.during that fight I used words talaq talaq...

Do we have to say talaq or any other we can utter [ 2 Answers ]

Pleaes tell me if a husband fighting with his wife, during fight he said to her (tere mera silsila hatam) your & my relation finish, so please let me know, is it possible saying these words divorce can occured/take place?? Or we have to say "talaq" word then divorce will take place? Please...

View more questions Search