Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dougg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Bryant 398 deluxe, No Heat
    I came back from vacation to a cold house. Main board had a hole the size of a quarter in it, at the 7 pin connector between 3 and 4. Ruined the connector also. Replaced the board and repaired connection. Furnace is still dead. Remove inducer board solenoid cover, push solenoid manually inducer motor runs, pilot starts, main fan starts, but main gas never starts. I pretty sure I need a new inducer board for starters any suggestions, what's next. Thanks Doug
    HVACxpert Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Mar 19, 2007, 09:37 PM
    If you have 24 volts on the orange wire going to the inducer relay board as well as 120 volt between the white and black at same connector and no 120volt going to inducer mtr. The inducer relay board is bad... fyi new board may need new wire installed in last pin at end, if not present already(#7 if memory serves me) of connector to relay board, from there to one of the red wires to the main limit located somewhat behind the gas control valve. If red wire is not installed new inducer control board will not work. Red wire is supplied with new inducer board. It adds a post purge feture to the inducer motor.
    Now it takes a long time for the pilot to turn on the main burner... up to 3 min. If pilot is on for about 3 min. and main burner does not come on the pilot assembly needs to be replaced. Sometimes tapping on pilot wile lit will get it to fire. Still recommend replacing it. After you get done sticking all that green into it you will prebill need a new secondary heat exchanger as well. Unless been replaced secondary in last 7 years if not Recommend you bit the bullet and replace furnace, of course if you could you would. I understand.
    Have Fun!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sonic Deluxe? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if the Sonic Deluxe game for PS2 is any good? I use to have sonic games on my old PC, but this is different, because it's on PS2. Thanks

Asus K8V SE deluxe motherboard [ 4 Answers ]

Can anyone help me please? I have recently installed a new Asus K8V SE deluxemotherboard and AMD Athlon 64 CPU but can't get any image on the monitor - I have tried 3 monitors now. The graphics card is Tornado GeForce 2 MX400 (64MB, AGP). I have 512MB memory installed. I am wondering if the...

ASUS P4P800 e deluxe [ 3 Answers ]

Hey Gang, How good is the ASUS P4P800 e deluxe MB? Looking to build a DAW for home studio. Thanks STU

View more questions Search