Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slfhhm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2013, 09:57 AM
    Disrespect for Supervisor
    A long-time employee (17yrs) has been rude, short and defensive with her peers, supervisors and patients for most of her tenure. Her poor behavior continues on a weekly basis and most recently she has been disrespectful of me as her supervisor. I am the practice manager and 9/12 she was demoted from a supervisory role, which I have assumed along with my managerial responsibilities. Her performance reviews have mentioned her verbal mistreatment of the above with improvement demonstrated only for a short period following the review. When confronted about her behavior she expresses her surprise and denies the behavior. How could this be remedied?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2013, 10:06 AM
    I would be direct.. and specifically mention several instances if you are able... and explain how and why those examples were not acceptable behaviour. But I would also add that her long service has been acknoledged and while she is appreciated... behaviour of this type can't be allowed to continue as its detrimental to the workplace. Keep it honest... respectful... but firm.

Others might offer different and maybe better suggestions.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2013, 10:09 AM
    This this appears to be allowed for all of her years there, I would discuss this with upper management.

1. was this the reason she was demoted ? If so what do the official records shows.

2. Assuming upper management allows you authority to do so.
    Sit them down, go over all past write ups and warnings. They are issued a writtten warning, in regard to this according to company rules and policy.

If the demotion was already a warning, then further action would be taken, according to company rules,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my teen disrespect me? [ 2 Answers ]

My 16yr old son has been disrespecting me for a couple of years and its getting worse. When I ask him questions he ignores me. He will yell at me, call me names, tell me to get the f*** out of his room, etc. Normally, if one of my kids were to call me names they would either get popped in the mouth...

Can my supervisor divulge personal medical information to her supervisor and HR? [ 5 Answers ]

HIPPA Law in CO as it relates to substance abuse I took a two week absences from work to detox my body from alcohol and seek counseling from a CD Counselor. I work as a dental assistant at a prestigious university . I shared this information with my direct supervisor (the dentist) and asked...

How to deal with disrespect. [ 3 Answers ]

So, I just move into this house with my husband 19 month old son. My best friend calls me after living here for 2 weeks and says her mom is kicking her out and has no where else to go. Along with this immature guy that is mooching off her and everyone around him. And now they have been living in my...

Husband allows others to disrespect me [ 5 Answers ]

I have been married for almost 15 years. In last the 2 to 3 yrs my husband has started being verbal abusive. But, to make along story short he allows his friends and family to say real hateful comments to me and has actually gone along with them . Then later will blame me for it and does not...

Disrespect for the Handicapped [ 6 Answers ]

My mother is wheelchair bound. This is not a small issue, as she is unable to use a walker at this point and weighs around 180 bpounds. My mother is 70 years old and so is my father who cares for her full time. Once a week, my father pays my son to sit for my mother for a full day. She enjoys this...

View more questions Search