Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2013, 04:30 AM
    Fed refund and owe state
    I'm using Turbo Tax and it is calculating a small Fed Refund with a slighter smaller amount owed to the State.

My question is can I file both now but schedule payment to the State for 4/15, or do I have to pay the state at filing time? Turbo Tax did ask when I was going to pay the state, but I'm not sure if that means I can postpone payment.

NYS by the way.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 06:36 AM
    You can designate ANY date up to 15 April 2013 for New York to debit your account, or you can efile the return and just mail them a check with a payment voucher.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2013, 09:34 AM
    Thanks, That's what I needed to know. So I don't have to wait to file.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 10:01 AM
    Glad to help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Michigan State Refund/I haven't get my State Refund [ 2 Answers ]

You said that my state refund was processed on Feb/14/11,wait 10 to14 days and I'llget my state refund,till now I haven't get it.

Owe state taxes in another state don't work in that state, can they garnish wages. [ 6 Answers ]

I owe back taxes in state of Maryland but work in virginia. Can Maryland garnish wages in viriginia.

My net pay increased due to new Fed rate - change in refund status? [ 4 Answers ]

Recently my net pay was increased due to the new federal tax break. I usually get a refund of less than $100. I have now heard that the new tax break will cause a huge change in the tax refund status for me and due to bringing home more pay may mean that I will now end up reinbursing on April 15...

Waiting on tax refund and wondering if I owe back taxes? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I find out if you owe back taxes to the IRS?

Fed and state tax [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just got a new job and am having problems with my employer over my deductions. I usually claim 12 so that I get most of my money up front and then pay it at tax time in April. I usually get penalized but will take the hit as long as they are not using my tax money all year interest...

View more questions Search