Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Care_forever Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 07:45 PM
    Singing
    I think I'm a good singer and I am really working hard to be famous but where I live there is nobody to discover me NOBODY famous came from here. Blaaaaaaargh!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2013, 07:47 PM
    What you think doesn't matter... other people have to think that... a LOT of other people, then you need to get really, really lucky.

And you HAVE to have just the right song at just the right time.

But don't quit your day job... few people make enough to support themselves much less get famous.

Feb 11, 2013, 07:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    What you think doesn't matter....other people have to think that....a LOT of other people, then you need to get really, really lucky.

And you HAVE to have just the right song at just the right time.

But don't quit your day job....few people make enough to support themselves much less get famous.
    I do not have a job I am very young and acctully I have gotten every solo in my choir show thingy! Lol
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2013, 08:43 PM
    Well, pursue your dream... but plan on having to do something else for a living... very, very few people ever make it in that industry. Its best to plan for a real career.. and do that as a hobby in your spare time... if you aren't one of the very few lucky ones... you will not have wasted your time. And if you are... then you are ready.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 08:47 PM
    You don't need to live in an area where famous people live, or are discovered. Thanks to YouTube, anyone can be a star. Most of the singers that are now famous, were discovered on YouTube. So make a video, post it on YouTube. If you really are a good singer, the rest will take care of itself. If you're not, you either won't get any hits, or you'll get nothing but negative feedback, but at least you'll know if you've really got what it takes.

Good luck.

Feb 23, 2013, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    You don't need to live in an area where famous people live, or are discovered. Thanks to youtube, anyone can be a star. Most of the singers that are now famous, were discovered on youtube. So make a video, post it on youtube. If you really are a good singer, the rest will take care of itself. If you're not, you either won't get any hits, or you'll get nothing but negative feedback, but at least you'll know if you've really got what it takes.

Good luck.
    thank you but I do not have a YouTube account and my parents won't let me get one
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 23, 2013, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Care_forever View Post
    thank you but i do not have a youtube account and my parents wont let me get one
    Then you'll have to wait until your 18.

Why won't your parents allow you to have a YouTube account? My 10 year old daughter has one. I monitor what she watches, and if she wanted to post, I'd review it before it got posted. But I don't see why they would say no, unless they're too lazy to monitor you.

Do they know you're on this site asking questions? Do they monitor your computer use at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Singing [ 0 Answers ]

I sing classical and opera music and I think I am pretty good (I didn't mean to sound bratty) but when I sing in-front of an audience my peers say wow you are so good and all that but when I sing just for fun they say stop singing be quite shut up and stuff like that and when they sing like a...

Singing [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, Well I'm about to turn 14 and I really love to sing. But I'm really shy so I don't sing publicly. But I know to become a singer you can't be stagefright and stuff so I don't know if should just give up on singing or try to find a solution. And I know that I need to improve my...

Is singing for me? [ 10 Answers ]

;)Hey, I have posted a lot of things on here about songwrighting but, now I would like to move on into singing. I've been told by my best friend that I suck but, by others that I'm good. I thought I'd try chior and see if that would help; it has in ways but, not like I hoped. I began to use my own...

What is the name and who's singing [ 3 Answers ]

This song was playing at the end of a movie during the credits. Every now and then I get a clue Every now and then I feel the need Every now and then lightning finds you And turns your darkness into dreams Every now and then I think about you Every now and then tears roll by Every now and...

Singing! [ 1 Answers ]

I really really want to be a professional singer and everyone says I've got an amazing voice but I just don't know where to start. I'm 13 but I have to start now (singing for free), I'm thinking of going on the x factor when I'm 16 but until then I need to be occupied: with singing!. please please...

View more questions Search