Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aseika Posts: 39, Reputation: 4

Feb 11, 2013, 11:41 AM
    Confused about a guy I used to work with.. again
    Hello,

I'll try to keep this brief. I have posted about this guy before : https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dating...ut-682385.html

(He told me at the time that the reason he acted this way is because he was having a family crisis, I left him alone for weeks and got on with it)

Over time at work, my feelings for him grew stronger and I could see that it was mutual. We talked every day, went on lunch dates together. I could see his face light up whenever I was around. I don't know if I have ever met somebody so into me, or so I believe?

I quit my job for something better paid and nearer just after Christmas. I got a call from him 3 weeks later saying that he had moved into my town (yay!) and asking if I would call over to his house which I did. Hes a surfer and he tore a ligament in his back so I called over with food. We watched a movie and before long we were making out on his couch. This was 2 weeks ago. We texted for a few days and I called him on Sunday last week and he called me back a few hours later. I haven't heard from him since. He didn't really make any plans to meet up with me so I didn't want to call him again I guess

I am absolutely crazy about him! I don't know what to do or what to think? Is he freaking out or just not into me? I am not the type to keep hounding a guy but we haven't spoken for a week now which just feels odd because we used to talk at work every day. Should I call? I know he was in physio for his back but I could be also making excuses for him here!

Any thoughts much appreciated as always! I just can't seem to be able to stop thinking about him :)
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 12:02 PM
    You need to leave this guy alone. He if he wants to talk to you let him call you. You obviously have stronger feelings for you than he does for you. You need to stop reading things in to what he says. His actions speak volumes.

Feb 14, 2013, 03:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    You need to leave this guy alone. He if he wants to talk to you let him call you. You obviously have stronger feelings for you than he does for you. You need to stop reading things in to what he says. His actions speak volumes.
    Oh. You mean you think he was just trying to get laid maybe or something? (we didn't, never have). I don't understand. He told me that night as well that he has difficulty trusting people. He told me how long he's liked me for and how cool/intelligent/beautiful he thinks I am. When I worked with him Id catch him staring at me from across the room and he do all these hilariously silly things just to try and impress me. He just seems to pull back as soon as we're gettting close again! Argh. I know Ill just leave him alone, I just can't stop thinking about it. I think Im in love! :(
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 07:39 AM
    I didn't say he was trying to get in your pants just saying he does not feel the same way you do. Don't chase him. If he wants to talk to you, be with you, he will.

Feb 15, 2013, 04:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    I didn't say he was trying to get in your pants just saying he does not feel the same way you do. Don't chase him. If he wants to talk to you, be with you, he will.
    Okeydokey. He called me and asked me over to his but I had already made plans. Hopefully he calls again :)
    Acacia Pasley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2013, 04:58 PM
    I think you need to leave this guy along. I think maybe he was just leading you on to make u think he likes you. But it seems like to me like he hasn't took any interest in talking to you, trying to hang out with you, or even answering your phone calls. What do you think?

Feb 15, 2013, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Acacia Pasley View Post
    I think you need to leave this guy along. I think maybe he was just leading you on to make u think he likes you. But it seems like to me like he hasn't took any intrest in talking to you, trying to hang out with you, or even answering your phone calls. What do you think?
    He does answer my phone calls? I don't know what to think to be honest. He seems to be into me, he's just slow or somethig? I'm not going to chase him either way. He was chasing me when he knew I was with somebody else but I kept blowing him off. THEN, out of nowhere I started to like him too, and it's like he got scared and ran away so I let it go. The more I seem to let go the more I get confused. He's also been my friend for about 5 years. I don't think I'm being played? But then again I have been wrong about men in the past so who knows
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 05:18 PM
    You seem rather eager to be called to relieve the boredom of a hurt and shut in fellow who never calls or shows interest other wise. At least you didn't change your plans for him this time but you are ignoring some really obvious red flags. He never calls just to chat and share and care.

I think you are making excuses for your "love".

Feb 15, 2013, 05:36 PM
    Yeah I was afraid of that. He is rather shut off sometimes. When he lets me in a little he seems to run away again. I never pressure him into anything. What to do next time he calls? He did call me a lot when we were just friends seeing other people... Maybe not ready at all! He is my friend. Maybe we should try to keep it at that?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2013, 05:40 PM
    Then don't make out because maybe crossing the lust line is what starts the confusion

Feb 15, 2013, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Then don't make out because maybe crossing the lust line is what starts the confusion
    Think I'm just going to talk to him. I can't guess anymore. No big deal, no pressure we've known each other well for a long time!

Thank you peoples! X

Feb 17, 2013, 05:15 PM
    He called up to me, after texting /calling me all weekend. I think he just ended it, whatever it was. Basically, he grew up with his dad being an abusive alcoholic and he's been shutting it out for years and the reason that he didn't call me for 2 weeks is because he's been getting panic attacks and he's back in a group called alananon which is a group like aa except for children of alcoholics and he's realised he's 36 and he still hasn't sorted it out and he doesn't want to hurt me like he did his previous girlfriends. Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 17, 2013, 07:37 PM
    He sounds like a guy who could be a nice one under all that retreating.
    I would tell him that you would like to remain a friend, but won't expect anything, because of his long disappearances with no word or warning. Be forthright about where he's lacking, but without recriminations.

Feb 17, 2013, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    He sounds like a guy who could be a nice one under all that retreating.
    I would tell him that you would like to remain a friend, but won't expect anything, because of his long disappearances with no word or warning. Be forthright about where he's lacking, but without recriminations.
    Thanks, I told him that Im still his friend no matter what and I'm always going to be there for him and good luck with his new upcoming therapy. I was honest about how I felt about it After he volunteered all of this info.. We left on a good note but to be honest I'm in total shock and I can't sleep at all...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gay guy, and straight married guy, does it work? [ 12 Answers ]

Moved to its own thread and edited/T He has no kids. And married for 14 years also . A girl likes him too I'm gay and also in a 12 years relationship, but I work in a the company with a straight married guy that keeps coming to see me. First it started just has friends (know him since 10...

This new guy at work has got me so confused. [ 4 Answers ]

So there is this guy that I recently met at work that has got me all confused. He started working with me a couple months ago, and at the beginning, we didn't really talk much. After about two weeks of working together, we both started to loosen up and talk to each other. It wasn't the typical...

Confused guy [ 5 Answers ]

Receantly I stared talking to my ex girlfriend of 4 years on and off about 2 to 3 times a week now. I was the one who initiated the "friendship" sort of calling it like that but when I called her I found out she was having an adventure and still is with some other guy. I was like cool I guess she...

Confused, stuck between the guy I love and the guy I like [ 9 Answers ]

OK so I've been dating this guy for almost 9 months, and our relationship really hasn't been the best ( cheating involved), well ever since like the 3rd or 4th month of our relationship me and one of his guy friends have been kind of flirty.. we text each other randomly and when me and my boyfriend...

View more questions Search