Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xoThinkPink25xo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Personifying myself in a poem?
    How should I personify myself in an english poem that I have to write? An example poem the teacher gave us was : I am water
    That will shatter at the slightest touch,
    Though people who know me
    Can travel into me
    There is danger inside of me.
    Also beauty and greatness.
    I can be rough or smooth... etc.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 18, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Your assignment is asking...

If you were say pink, for example, what sort of pink would you be? LOL Do you see now?

If you were ________ (fill in the blank with anything you like -- flower, song, rock, fish, musical instrument etc), what is the important stuff to know about you as this thing?

Personification means to give human characteristic, YOUR unique characteristics or personality, to an inanimate object or animal. These characteristics need to fit both you and the object you are personifying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need to find the immageries for the poem [ 1 Answers ]

the poem is called " A.B.C. of a Naval Trainee" by Roy Fuller is the anger we hide with some danger, Keeping it down like the twentieth beer. B is the boredom we feel in this bedlam. C is the cautious and supervised cheer. D is the tea dope and e English duping, Too feeble for folly,...

Love Poem [ 2 Answers ]

Love Poem Susie Lee Done Fell In Love; She Planned To Marry Joe. She Was So Happy 'bout It All She Told Her Pappy So. Pappy Told Her, Susie Gal, You'll Have To Find Another. I'd Just As Soon Yo' Ma Don't Know, But Joe Is Yo' Half Brother.

A Poem [ 3 Answers ]

A Different Christmas Poem The embers glowed softly, and in their dim Light, I gazed round the room and I cherished the Sight. My wife was asleep, her head on my chest, My daughter beside me, angelic in rest. Outside the snow fell, a blanket of white, ...

Poem [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone explain this poem? A morning-glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of book

View more questions Search