Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjcecomc Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Confusion!
    About a month ago, I was introduced by a friend to a girl. I see her all the time mow as she has started to hang around with my group of friends. A few people have told me she likes me and physically, she seems to be attracted to me. However, every time I go and speak to her she is very short with me and doesn't appear to want to speak to me at all. She appears a bit rude to be honest. Not sure whether to let this one go with her or approach her and try to talk to her properly
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 18, 2007, 01:18 PM
    No telling what it is -- it could be quite a few things like inexperienced nerves because she does like you and isn't sure how to handle it, or just raised with poor manners in general, or tension trying to overcome social anxiety in general being new to the group.

I think its wise to heed it regardless of what is creating it and give her time to either work it out or learn from the group what level of manners are the norm. I would be polite and social with her like anyone in the group. If you like, try attracting her to make the move on you, instead? If in a month or two nothing changes then you know and if she seemed to have softened, you can approach her again then. Time is on your side here.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2007, 02:52 PM
    It sounds like she may be nervous and doesn't want to come across bad so she tenses up and leaves the situation as to avoid saying something she might think is ridicules, not realizing that she's coming across as rude.

I'd just get to know her as friends for awhile so that she becomes comfortable around you and by doing so she will open up more.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 12:46 PM
    She has her own problems and best to leave her alone with them. Move on and stop wondering what her problem is.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2007, 02:38 PM
    It could be simply that she is a rude and short person. Not the ideal traits in a partner. You have made an attempt, now forget it until she has a change of attitude and if she doesn't be glad it never went anywhere.
    mjcecomc Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 02:56 PM
    She doesn't seem like a rude person.. my friends like her! It's a bit strange really it seems impossible for us to spend any time together! Either other people get in the way or sometimes, she can be a bit short!
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Well I would say just to continue to be polite and you natural self. Don't try too hard because that annoys people. Just smile and be friendly that's all you can do. I certainly wouldn't be worrying about it too much. She might be playing a little hard to get. Who knows. But if you're the fun guy and always smiling and having a good time then pretty soon she will want part of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

W7 confusion [ 3 Answers ]

I am filling the W7 form and am stuck at 6c. It asks me for visa type, Visa number and expiration Date. I am not clear as to which number would mean the US Visa number. Please let me know. Thanks.

W2 Confusion [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Experts, I am in US from Mar '2006 and working on H1B Visa. And my spouse & 1 year old kid joined with me on Sep' 2006 on H4 Visa. Between I changed my job to another employer on Dec ' 2006. And I didn't received W2 from my previous employer till date. 1) What are all the possibilities...

Confusion [ 2 Answers ]

I seem to be in a really confusing situation and would appreciate some clarity. I have been good friends with this girl for 2 years, about 1 1/2 years ago I asked her out and she said yes and then later that night said no stating that she did not date her friends. I accepted this and contented...

F1-H1 confusion again! [ 1 Answers ]

IN this website http://www.thetaxguy.com/residency.htm The tax guy says... Dual-Status Aliens Note on page 7 of Publication 519 under Dual-Status Aliens that you could be both a nonresident alien and a resident alien in the same year. That means your tax return becomes more...

Confusion [ 2 Answers ]

My best friend says he misses me and wants to see me but he said he doesn't like me any and we've been friends for over 7 to 8 yrs.. straight and we did go out but it never worked. And I like him a lot... n we've never stopped being friends and I tell him how I feel about him and I don't know what...

View more questions Search