Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnnyfash Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2013, 07:02 AM
    How do I access local disc C?
    I tried to move my pictures from my camera to my computer. They went to local disc C. How do I retrieve them?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 10, 2013, 08:32 AM
    Do you know where they are located ?
    Really depends with system you are using but in Windoze C is the main hard drive in your computer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 10, 2013, 08:52 AM
    When you transferred the picture files you needed to pay attention to what folder they were transferred to. Have you looked in you're my Pictures folder?
    dewitt1212 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2013, 01:24 AM
    In windows go to search and type in .jpeg hit enter.
    This should retrieve all .jpeg images
    Appzalien Posts: 540, Reputation: 57

Feb 11, 2013, 07:38 AM
    If your going to search for them it would probably be more accurate to search "*.jpg" without the quotes since not may photos have the full .jpeg extension. Use the * before the period as a wildcard so any name followed by .jpg will be searched.
    Except for Windows 8 all of the OS versions have a Windows Explorer as opposed to Internet Explorer. Usually its put in the start menu under Accessories but I typically drag and drop it up front so it shows when I open the start menu. You can also right click it and send a shortcut to the desktop for easy access. Learn your way around Windows Explorer, you can even create your own folders and point your download or e-mail photos to it so you know where they go. Most Browsers will have a setting where you can tell it where to download to or to ask every time so you can decide on the fly.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 03:23 PM
    Try looking in the folder where your camera software is located. Most likely that is your default folder or look under c:\users\(yourname)\pictures.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Router connection keeps droping into local access only and is very slow [ 0 Answers ]

I had a dgnd3300 wirelss router for about 2 years, it worked fine up until a couple of days ago where it would only connect with local access and no internet, tried reseting and starting from scratch, did a virus, rootkit, spyware and what not check on all computers using the router (2 desktop pc's...

How much space should I put on local disc c and local disc d [ 4 Answers ]

When I first started up my new computer I was instructed to partition the hard drive into a local disc C and a local disc D, and told that this partition would be permanent. I believe I put 109GB onto disc C and 110 GB onto disc D. I did not know, and still do not, what was the purpose of this...

Wireless Router Connected but "Local" Access to Internet Only [ 1 Answers ]

I recently relocated where I had to change ISP. I am also recently divorced and my ex husband had the key to our Lynksis router, so I used an old verizon wireless to connect.. at the time my ISP was Time Warner, they're not available in my area and I am now using Comcast. Anyhow, I called tech...

Local Disc C [ 1 Answers ]

I keep my file "My Documents" in the desktop, but it is overloaded, almost 2GB. I known my RAM is is just 520MB. Can I store part of my documents in drive C? Can I create folders like I do in My Documents? Can I store there also My Pictures? I have 120GB Hard drive, so I have a lot of room in...

User can't access his local hard disk? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I've a Server running Wind2003, and some computer clients connected to it. I've used the OU to deploy some software packages to the users (published), the user can see the software package in the Add/Remove Software, but when he/she starts to install the package on his computer the...

View more questions Search