Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edwardses Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 12:08 PM
    Really bad smell coming from Whirlpool dryer
    Discovered a noxious odor last night coming from our dryer. Husband has gotten the front panel off and vaccuumed everything we can see. Also removed the lint filter cover and cleaned that out. Nothing's in the vanes... Any ideas? The back panel seems to be spot-welded on (or at least painted on), as it won't come loose after removing all the screws. We're showing our house this afternoon! Wouldn't you know it!?
    Elliott SL Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 12:53 PM
    We had that same problem last spring. Could not find the source, so being that the dryer was 12 yrs old, we decided to just replace it. When the installers removed the vent hose, we discovered a birds nest in the vent-with some pretty disgusting eggs in it. Semi cooked, and really rotten! Check the vent opening from the outside to see what varmints you may have lurking about. Good Luck..
    Edwardses Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 07:08 PM
    Thanks for the advice, Elliot! We finally found the culprit, just MINUTES before we had to show the house. A RAT had crawled up under the insulation of the crawl space just under the dryer and had the audacity to start his decomposition just when the house had to look and smell its best! But now we have a VERY clean dryer!
    debbaxter Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 10:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardses
    Discovered a noxious odor last night coming from our dryer. Husband has gotten the front panel off and vaccuumed everything we can see. Also removed the lint filter cover and cleaned that out. Nothing's in the vanes....Any ideas? The back panel seems to be spot-welded on (or at least painted on), as it won't come loose after removing all the screws. We're showing our house this afternoon! Wouldn't you know it!?!
    You probably have a dead mouse that crawled in and died

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where's the smell coming from [ 4 Answers ]

Hey all, I'm new here and I just moved into an older house that my friend is renting to me. I moved in a month ago, but I just started smelling something about 2 to 3 weeks ago. At first I thought it smelled like gas, so I called the gas company. I noticed that the smell only occurred...

Pet smell coming through the drain [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My downstairs neighbor's apartment reeks of pet smell. They have dogs, birds etc in a very small apaartment. Since I have moved in there has been a really bad odor coming up through the drains in the bathroom. Can someone give me an idea on how to correct this? My thought is that they...

Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, with burning smell [ 1 Answers ]

My Whirlpool dryer drum won't turn, after I set the setting and close the door, and there is a strong burning smell at that time. It is only about 2 1/2 yrs old. Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy

Smell coming from toilet [ 3 Answers ]

Please help - our guest bathroom has this awful smell coming from the toilet - And we are at a loss to what it is from. We have a septic tank but the master bath doesn't smell at all. I was told to check the vent, or the wax seal to the floor. What do you think or is there something else I...

View more questions Search