Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 9, 2013, 11:19 PM
    Chinese New Year
    Just wanted to report that the Chinese New Year Celebration is beyond my wildest dreams. People buy fireworks on the level of what average size cities have, you can buy boxes of rockets that contain over 100 shots. And these will shoot the fireworks over 20 story buildings. With multiple bursts just like you see on TV or at large city displays in US>

Next the amount, every block and I do mean ever block is shooting it off, it started at 5 pm New Years Eve night , was very heavy from 7 pm to 1 am but it is now 2 pm New years day and they are still shooting some, it has been over 19 hours straight of fireworks, And they will shoot rolls of 1000 or more firecrackers at a time. Some had over 10,000 firecrackers in them.

It was and still is the most amazing thing I have ever seen.
    And the city really shuts down, about 90 percent of population isnot working, many travel to mom and day or aunt and uncle house.
    Dustyd Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2013, 10:18 AM
    Awesome! I was in Beijing for Chinese New Years! I confirm that it's just madness! Everyday just fireworks everywhere! Great party!
    elle19911113 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2014, 09:04 PM
    Great!would you like to travel other Chinese cities to see how they celebrate the new year

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How did the chinese culture influence the chinese language? [ 0 Answers ]

Someone reply quick please, I have to do an oral presentation tomorrow! Thanks

One year old Chinese Crested potties EVERYWHERE! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Chinese Crested Powder Puff, that turned one on August 18, 2009. He has always been a great dog, great with the kids, very loveable, and trained fairly well, with just a few accidents now and then. We were always so proud of him. He sleeps in a wire kennel at night, goes out first...

Chinese new year. 1991 [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there was just thinking you know chinese new year how they have the year of the goat year of the snake and what not, what animal is it in 1991?

Tax for first year H-1b visa holder: chinese citizen [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Expert: I came to US in 2005 with F-1 visa. I got my OPT in October 2006 and got my H-1b visa February 2007. Now which form should I file? IRS mailed me a 1040 NR form but when I was using a free software online, it generatee a 1040 form for me. I emailed that company about my situation,...

View more questions Search