Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tanisharouse Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2013, 09:02 PM
    need help with my statistics homework
    A researcher is interested in whether students who attend private high schools have higher average SAT Scores than students in the general population. A random sample of 90 students at a private high school is tested and a mean SAT score of 1030 is obtained. The average score for public high school student is 1000 (σ= 200).
    a. Is this a one- or two tailed test?

b. What are H0 and Ha for this study?

c. Compute Z obt

d. What is the Z critical value (Z cv ) using a 0.05 alpha level?

e. Should H0 be rejected? What should the researcher conclude?

f. Determine the 95 % confidence interval for the population mean, based on the sample mean.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help with my statistics homework [ 1 Answers ]

A survey of 500 teenagers was taken to see which sport was their favorite to watch on TV. A pie chart displayed the following results. Choose the correct data (numbers of teenagers). From which the pie chart was constructed other: 4%, hockey:16%, soccer:18%, basketball:24%, football:38%

I need help with my Statistics homework [ 1 Answers ]

The hemoglobin A1c test, a blood test given to diabetic's patients during their periodic checkups, indicates the level of control of blood sugar during the past 2 to 3 months. The following data values were obtained for 40 different diabetics patients at a university clinic: Classify these A1c...

Statistics homework [ 0 Answers ]

.18 A recruiter estimates that if you are hired to work for her company and you put in a full week at the commissioned sales representative position she is offering, you will make “$525 plus or minus $250, 80% of the time.” She adds, “It all depends on you!” o a. What does the “$525...

Statistics Homework [ 2 Answers ]

A recent article suggested that if you earn $25,000 a year today and the inflation rate continues at 3 percent per year, you'll need to make $33,598 in 10 years to have the same buying power. You would need to make $44,771 if the inflation rate jumped to 6 percent. Confirm that these statements are...

Statistics homework! [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, here is the problem I'm stuck on The heights of women aged 20 to 29 follow approximately the N(64, 2.7) distribution. Men the same age have heights distributed as N(69.3,2.8). What percent of young men are shorter than the mean height of young women? I have been trying to figure out...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.